Glamping Site Infrastructure:

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrocDundee

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I guess this is the right place for this!!!

Rain permitting...which is an awful lot since I live in a rainforest...we're putting in quite a nice glampsite. It's rained now...so...I get to clock off some paragraphs.

The big chore, was getting electricity and water run 420 metres to a 3/4 acre spot in PARADISE. Clear, babbling brook, verdant...wildlife everywhere. We're probably 1/3 the way finished:

8m x 4m pad with an 8m x 5m deck...for 8 x 9 all together under a skillion roof. There's going to be a toilet room...with a sink and hot water heater...and secure storage. That's 2m x 2m. The rest of the pad's gonna have a kitchenette...and tables. Out on the deck...a 6 person hot tub is going in. The H & C shower is going on the side of the building. This spot's for the $$$$ glampers. The casual campers...have a seperate toilet/sink/cold shower outhouse and are prohibited from bothering the $$$$ glampers. So far...the cinderblock wall on three side of the pad are about halfway, up.

We put in (so far) two flat camping spots sized for a large family tent...with a curved skillion roof going over each. Advertising as "all weather" is a necessity. So is a secure kennel.....

It's a great...and easy...money maker where I am. We're about 30 miles from The Gold Coast. Lots of GCosters want a quick getaway and "the gold chain mob" don't like roughing it. The casual campers...arrive in a car...pitch a tent...and have the ladies have an outhouse! (Guy's are like bears in the woods!) MANY Aussies on a long family tour of the country will book in. They can detach their camper and go into The Goldie with their puller. There's a septic dump for them and water fillups...electricity, too. Even Fido can remain behind...all cared for in the kennel. We are remote and isolated...so...they are safe and sound out here. And, yeah...I'm armed, too!

HIPCAMP is anxious to market the place! It's a US company...just new to Oz. They advertise, book it. provide insurance...just a 10% commission. https://www.hipcamp.com/en-US/d/united-states/camping/all

Latest posts

Back