Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captured in action volunteering at the Cat shelter:

IMG_5792

Although I am allergic to cats, what you are doing is absolutely wonderful. Anyone who spends any time at an animal shelter, well...my hat's off to you! Those little fur babies need loving hands, the gentle touch, the talking to.

A great thing!

And a random pic of my beloved little "Tessie!"
20170703_121852.jpg

I put these in another thread by mistake, too tired to move it so... A few years ago I found this sail boat in the middle of a forest, 300miles from the ocean and miles from a paved road. First time I saw it I’d hiked in a mile off a dirt road. Now I know it’s much closer to another dirt road. That's where I went in today. Still makes me laugh… Who parks a sail boat in a forest? 🤣

View attachment 128810View attachment 128811
It may have been a old corn field when they parked it & never moved. I now of a old school bus that a man parked in a cow lot, to make a camper out of, it has six inch diameter pine trees around it now. No he never did anything with it.

It may have been a old corn field when they parked it & never moved. I now of a old school bus that a man parked in a cow lot, to make a camper out of, it has six inch diameter pine trees around it now. No he never did anything with it.

I think i've figured out what happened with the boat. I was looking at some old plat maps figuring out who owned some properties I want to search for medicinal plants. I found old maps of that general area.

I think the owner of the boat passed away. His kids (like so many) earn a living far away and sold off some or all of the original property. The boat was forgotten, it's in a very isolated area, nothing but a few gravel roads. The other day I saw 2 really old houses being renovated within a few miles. They had been empty for years. I saw new trails cut into the woods at odd places. From the beer cans i found it's obvious someone besides me knows about the boat.

It has to be real estate people buying properties in the area to account for activity. But, maybe a grand kid of the boat owner knows about the boat and is going to try to move it.

I search for plants over a 400 sq mile area and see a lot of odd things in the woods. I enjoy trying to solve riddles like this! :)

I was trying to use my computer and Rupert decided to climb on me and lean against my face. My eyes look funny because I was looking at my phone screen.
View attachment 128951
Cat / selfies are among the most difficult of endeavors.

Do those geese still hang around? I rarely take Bear to "your lake" 😉 because he's afraid of the geese!
Yes, they’re still jerks too cuz geese are like that. I found an abrasion and a bruise above my knee where the one was snipping at my thin cotton pants. The ducks are cool. There’s also a larger geese pair, English cottage geese, they’re the worst! Avoid at all costs. 😒

IMG_2561.jpeg

In observance of the fall of Saigon and the end of the Vietnam War on this day, April 30, 1975 I thought of all those lost, and those that made it.
I took this picture of two of my buddies as we were on our last day In Country. Taken in Cam Ranh Bay on September 27, 1970.
I spent a year with them, and never saw either one again.
Here’s to you, guys, wherever you are.

Back