GLARE99 Scanning an area

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Was checking out the flights of aircraft over the country and came across a US ARMY GLARE99 scanning an area west of DC.
Now what signals could they be looking for? hmmm. Just thought it was interesting

Opera Snapshot_2023-08-24_123340_www.flightradar24.com.png

Guardrail is an airborne signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection platform based on the Beechcraft King Air and Super King Air. While the US military and specifically the United States Army have numerous personnel transport variants of the King Air platforms referred to with the general C-12 designation, the RC-12 specification refers to a heavily modified platform that collects SIGINT through various sensors and onboard processors.

SIGINT-collection and precision targeting location system. It collects low-, mid- and high-band radio signals and ELINT signals; identifies and classifies them; determines source location; and provides near-real-time reporting.

Was checking out the flights of aircraft over the country and came across a US ARMY GLARE99 scanning an area west of DC.
Now what signals could they be looking for? hmmm. Just thought it was interesting

View attachment 114784

Guardrail is an airborne signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection platform based on the Beechcraft King Air and Super King Air. While the US military and specifically the United States Army have numerous personnel transport variants of the King Air platforms referred to with the general C-12 designation, the RC-12 specification refers to a heavily modified platform that collects SIGINT through various sensors and onboard processors.

SIGINT-collection and precision targeting location system. It collects low-, mid- and high-band radio signals and ELINT signals; identifies and classifies them; determines source location; and provides near-real-time reporting.
Did you get this off Monkey Were? Looks like track he shows.

Hmm, I'm wondering it this is friend or foe?
I think it is friend.
Suppose China set up a satellite dish in the USA to beam data up to their satellite. It only broadcasts straight up.
How could we locate it?
See above.

...Then I got arrested for trying to blind the flight crew...

Well, hey, at Least ya 'already know the drill with the prison toilets'.. <ducks> 🤓 KIDDING, I jest, I jest.. ;)

Yeah, wewy wewy intewesting.. 🤔 Maybe (hopefully..) they're trying to track down the DNC / Dominion 'Cheat-o-Matic' they're no doubt getting warmed up.. 🤬

jd

I think it is friend.
Suppose China set up a satellite dish in the USA to beam data up to their satellite. It only broadcasts straight up.
How could we locate it?
See above.
I was thinking of a beacon myself. too east to poke Joey-Joe-Joe though.

Latest posts

Back