Goat question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My doe is about 6 yrs old now. At the evening feeding time she comes up and looks almost bottle jawed, just not quit. It's fi rmish to the touch. By morning she is back to normal looking. She has been wormed, even though she is showing no indications of. Poop looks good. Pink gums and lids. I'm wondering if she isn't finding something in the middle pasture that she shouldn't be eating and that is causing her to swell? She is the only one though. Any ideas, please let me know.
Thanks

I alternate between three different one so that they don't get immune to the same meds. I didn't get hunny early enough yesterday not to open the middle pasture so when I came home from work I got her over to the main and leaving her there for a couple days. Crossing my fingers this is the prob. Just not sure on this one.

Well apparently the middle pasture is the problem or has something in it that is the problem at least, . . . . Checked last night and Dotty's chin was swollen a little, this morning before and after work she was fine. When I came home to check on the baby born yesterday, Penelope was in labor so I opened the middle pasture to get all the others away. After a couple hours Dotty's chin had swollen back up again.

Latest posts

Back