Good community

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootsie

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
On Monday afternoon, a massive barn fire happened nearby. Many of the volunteers from the 12+ local departments were farmers or knew how to work heavy equipment. The animals were saved, and big round bales moved away to safety. Barn was a total loss, and the tractors and equipment lost. The house was saved, but had siding melted and windows burst.
By late this morning, not even 48 hours later, the new barn is framed and the family is being supported in every way. Windows were replaced yesterday.
It’s a good community.

On Monday afternoon, a massive barn fire happened nearby. Many of the volunteers from the 12+ local departments were farmers or knew how to work heavy equipment. The animals were saved, and big round bales moved away to safety. Barn was a total loss, and the tractors and equipment lost. The house was saved, but had siding melted and windows burst.
By late this morning, not even 48 hours later, the new barn is framed and the family is being supported in every way. Windows were replaced yesterday.
It’s a good community.
That's awesome and a perfect example of what a community should be. If you'll forgive me for just a second, I've said before that welfare should be handled on a local basis. Your neighbors are probably decent folks who work and trade in the community. If they were local leaches, the response might be a little different. I say this is great incentive to become a good member of the community. (my 2 cents.)
I'm glad they are okay and getting the help they need!

Latest posts

Back