Good score today at the local store.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBob

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Heater Meals EX $1.79 each

Self Heating Extended storage meals

The pics below are of the Southwest style chicken with rice and beans 3/4lb entree

box.gif

Contains Entree, heater, salt water for heater, foam plate, spoon, napkin, moist towelette, gourmet no salt seasoning, salt, and pepper.

contents.gif

I was surprised at the small bag of saltwater, this is really everything you need for a hot meal.

The heater is fast...much quicker than any military heater I've used. I hope you can see the steam pouring off it in the one pic.

steam.gif

and the final result:

mmmmm.gif

Flavor was very good, not salty, and it was quite telling that my wife liked it..she hates most MRE styl meals.

My son gave it 4/5 stars, simply because it didn't have drinks and sides...taste was a 5/5.

Going back tomorrow to get many more.

Some of the other ones we picked up are:
Green pepper steak with rice
Zesty bbq sauce with potatoes and beef
Chicken Pasta Italiana

Heater Meals EX $1.79 each

Self Heating Extended storage meals

The pics below are of the Southwest style chicken with rice and beans 3/4lb entree

box.gif

Contains Entree, heater, salt water for heater, foam plate, spoon, napkin, moist towelette, gourmet no salt seasoning, salt, and pepper.

contents.gif

I was surprised at the small bag of saltwater, this is really everything you need for a hot meal.

The heater is fast...much quicker than any military heater I've used. I hope you can see the steam pouring off it in the one pic.

steam.gif

and the final result:

mmmmm.gif

Flavor was very good, not salty, and it was quite telling that my wife liked it..she hates most MRE styl meals.

My son gave it 4/5 stars, simply because it didn't have drinks and sides...taste was a 5/5.

Going back tomorrow to get many more.

Some of the other ones we picked up are:
Green pepper steak with rice
Zesty bbq sauce with potatoes and beef
Chicken Pasta Italiana

Cool, where did you find these.

They were at the Merchandise Outlet store here in town. I also scored several cases of SoPakCo MRE's for $25. 14 meals per case, they aren't as good.
Also the store made up what they called, "breakfast survival kits"...:) contained shelf stable milk and/or powdered milk, a couple cereal bowls, pop-tarts, protein bars, 3 servings of peaches, and a few other things..sold them for $1 each.

Nice find. Going to use them right away or turn them into preps?
We're trying some out, and will put them back for hard times...although at that price it IS a good meal. Probably some of each. I spend a lot of time in the woods, as does my son, so we'll be able to enjoy them.

We had a storage food "tasting dinner" with a group last year, and we tried one of those meals. Not bad. But you got a great price! We tried many different things that evening, but like Backpackers Pantry best.
My deal of the week was at our Kroger's store and they had the just add water Bear Creek brand family pastas and soups for 1.39

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a storage food "tasting dinner" with a group last year, and we tried one of those meals. Not bad. But you got a great price! We tried many different things that evening, but like Backpackers Pantry best.
My deal of the week was at our Kroger's store and they had the just add water Bear Creek brand family pastas and soups for 1.39
yep, we do the same with tastings at our group...had a Yoders bacon, Bega cheese, and Red Feather Butter tasting...:) I know I know, I have had several of those, but hey, i like them and try to get others on board :)
and Bear Creek? We eat a lot of that...our local has it for a $1 a package for soup...I've seen it as high as $3.95 in places

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
In Australia our prices for MRE's are extortionate but we have found a really cheap alternative being tinned meat and vegetables in the supermarket in a Harvest brand that we can by on special for $2 each, this does the two of us for 2 meals with rice so we are stocking these and they have a 5 yr expiry date on them. These actually taste really good as we have tried them.

Other things we will package ourselves.

Latest posts

Back