Got a new HT - Wouxun KG-UV9PX

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This costs under $200, it's IP-55 rated, has two dual-band superheterodyne receivers for true simultaneous dual receive (Do you like working satellites? This is a very nice feature!), dual PTT, 999 memory slots, can act as a cross-band repeater, 7-band receive, 2W/5W/8W power, and there are a bunch of other features.

Tx (MHz): 136-174 VHF • 400-512 UHF (Tx locked to HAM for Part 97 compliance, but this can be unlocked)
Rx (MHz, AM/FM): 76-108 FM Broadcast Radio • 108-136 AM AIR Band • 136-180 VHF • 219-250 VHF • 350-400 UHF • 400-512 UHF • 700-960 UHF (excluding cellular)

It's programmable using chirp and a Baofeng UV-5R programming cable.

The stock antenna is actually pretty good, but I put a SignalStick antenna on mine. Reception is more sensitive than any of my other HTs. This has become my new daily carry.

The KG-UV9PX is only sold by BetterSafeRadios.com and comes preprogrammed with a bunch of frequencies that you may find useful. It also has some custom display options that may not come with the regular KG-UV9P. If you don't care about the display or preprogrammed stuff, then save a little: Wouxun KG-UV9P High Powered Dual Band UHF/VHF Amateur Radio w/ 3200 mAh Battery. If you don't mind spending a little more for the extras: Wouxun KG-UV9PX HAM Two-Way Radio & SHTF Scanner - BSR

I have no affiliation with either seller, but my experience with BetterSafeRadios was excellent.

That's mostly Greek to me, and out of my budget too, but I get why some folks would want such equipment... moi, I'll be using a Mexican blanket to make smoke signals as I live like my caveman ancestors, lol. 😬

Like ol' Clint said in his role as Dirty Harry: "A good man always knows his limitations!" ;)

Now that I know mine, I believe I'll have a shot of white tequila with lime & salt, lol... :cool:

Latest posts

Back