Gout.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I might have posted this somewhere else, but I can't find it, I know I gave it to Weedygarden.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting to be a kind of expert on home remedy gout cures.

#1 Wild cherry juice. unfreeze 1 12 ounce can, mix a couple of ounces into cherry coke and drink the entire can during the course of the day if it does not cure it will greatly alleviate the symptoms within 24 hours.

#2 Still with the cherries, put half the can into a gallon of purified or distilled water, add 2 limes, drink as much as possible during the course of the day.

#3 The super flush. Get a gallon of distilled water from Kroger's nursery, the kind with no minerals, it leeches the crystals that cause the pain right out of your flesh.
2 gallons a day ought to cure it in two days.

#4 If your friend isn't allergic to Acetaminophen, Aspirin or caffeine. buy a 2 liter of minute made lemonade or make your own from distilled water and put it in a 2 liter bottle, add 4 packages of goddy's powders and shake well, otherwise 2 packs per 12 oz bottle, do not exceed 6 packs per day!

In case you don't know, goody's and BC are NOT the same critter!
https://www.goodyspowder.com/?utm_s...er&utm_content=Brand - Goodys - Base - Powder
This product is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine. It is used for the temporary relief of pain from conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, or headaches (including migraine). Aspirin and acetaminophen relieve pain by keeping your body from making certain natural substances.

May Treat: Arthritic pain · Back pain · Fever · Headache disorder · Pain
Alternate Brand Names: Genaced
Drug Class: Salicylate Analgesic Combinations
Availability: No Prescription Required
Pregnancy: Do not use. This medication may be harmful to an unborn child.
Lactation: This drug should not be given to breastfeeding mothers
Alcohol: Limit intake while taking this medication
Driving: May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Use caution

I might have posted this somewhere else, but I can't find it, I know I gave it to Weedygarden.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting to be a kind of expert on home remedy gout cures.

#1 Wild cherry juice. unfreeze 1 12 ounce can, mix a couple of ounces into cherry coke and drink the entire can during the course of the day if it does not cure it will greatly alleviate the symptoms within 24 hours.

#2 Still with the cherries, put half the can into a gallon of purified or distilled water, add 2 limes, drink as much as possible during the course of the day.

#3 The super flush. Get a gallon of distilled water from Kroger's nursery, the kind with no minerals, it leeches the crystals that cause the pain right out of your flesh.
2 gallons a day ought to cure it in two days.

#4 If your friend isn't allergic to Acetaminophen, Aspirin or caffeine. buy a 2 liter of minute made lemonade or make your own from distilled water and put it in a 2 liter bottle, add 4 packages of goddy's powders and shake well, otherwise 2 packs per 12 oz bottle, do not exceed 6 packs per day!

In case you don't know, goody's and BC are NOT the same critter!
https://www.goodyspowder.com/?utm_s...er&utm_content=Brand - Goodys - Base - Powder
This product is a combination of aspirin, acetaminophen, and caffeine. It is used for the temporary relief of pain from conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, or headaches (including migraine). Aspirin and acetaminophen relieve pain by keeping your body from making certain natural substances.

May Treat: Arthritic pain · Back pain · Fever · Headache disorder · Pain
Alternate Brand Names: Genaced
Drug Class: Salicylate Analgesic Combinations
Availability: No Prescription Required
Pregnancy: Do not use. This medication may be harmful to an unborn child.
Lactation: This drug should not be given to breastfeeding mothers
Alcohol: Limit intake while taking this medication
Driving: May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Use caution
It needs its own thread around here!! Hubby has dealt with gout. Hard on me, I have to drink all the beer by myself!! 😃

To expand slightly on the OP. When I feel gout starting fresh cherries, cherry pie, etc. I buy cherry yogurt, when I buy yogurt, as a preventative.

All of these plants are time honored methods used for treating gout in herbal medicine, some go back centuries. All work well, just have to find the one that works best for you.

Urtica dioica aka Stinging Nettles. Can be purchased dried for making tea or in tincture form. Wonderful for gout and a wide range of other conditions. It's very rich in nutrients also, great for folks recovering from illness or surgery. ( if you know where it grows, just harvest and dry it yourself. Once dried it loses it's ability to sting)

Apium graveolens aka celery seeds... and the stalk (avoid with history of kidney inflammation or if pregnant). I have buffalo wings with celery sticks fairly often, never had gout. I always put celery in soups, stews, gumbo etc. If you like celery it seems an easy way to avoid gout.

Eupatorium purpureum aka gravel root aka JoePye weed. Great for flushing the entire urinary tract. It's my go to plant for dissolving kidney stones. And great for gout (use caution if pregnant or lactating). Tincture can be purchased online.

Aegopodium podararia aka Goutweed aka Bishop's wort. It's native to Europe... I don't know how it can be purchased, search for tincture or dried plant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back