GPS map software

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
OK, I will admit it. I’m old school and learned to navigate by the stars, the sun, and using terrain features. The army taught me well using the map and compass and I did all of this pre-GPS days. I will still primarily navigate this way. However....

On another forum someone mentioned onX Hunt. I’ve downloaded this app and really like it as it list properly owners on the map. In Alaska, knowing who owns the land makes a big difference on if you can legally hunt or fish on it. It shows you the actual names of the tribes, names of private owners, if It is state, federal, various trust, BLM, etc that owns the land. I’ve seen apps that give you some of this, but this is the only map that is fully inclusive regardless of who the land owned is. So this feature is what attracts me to onX Hunt.

My trial period is coming to an end and before I plop down $29 a year for this, are there any free apps that does what I list above?

thanks!

My trial period is coming to an end and before I plop down $29 a year for this, are there any free apps that does what I list above?

Is that just for one state? Just curious, if so BaseMap offers 50 states for the same price.

I have not used it personally, but I have heard it is a good app. Just something for comparison.

https://www.basemap.com/pricing/

Latest posts

Back