• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Granddaughter quilt

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
IMG_20180704_074116.jpg This is the grandbaby quilt I have been working on. I can't seem to be able to get a decent picture of it though so it's hard to make out the colors and design. I wanted it to be very subtle with the colors since that is how their home is decorated. Seems like every time I do a new quilt, it turns out to be another favorite. That is the top there. For the bottom I cut 6 1/2 in squares and sewed together using all the left over from this quilt along with some other fabric I had that coordinated with the colors IMG_20180712_154612_hdr_kindlephoto-1820964249.jpg since I didn't have enough of one color

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thank you! That is done on the machine. I started back at the end of April but with it being planting time and now harvest and preserving its taken me a while to get it done. The front and back were seen together after I took the picture so today I just need to do some hand stitching to close it up and see all the way around the edges. I might do some quilted butterflies in the boarder since I have time. I figure the baby shower isn't until September.

Dani

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Today was the shower for this precious new editon. She was born 5 weeks early at 4 lbs 11 oz and is still in the NICU unit but making progress daily. Momma got this quilt, a crocheted baby blanket and one of those crocheted Octopus 's that was mentioned by a couple of the ladies here. Those were the homemade items, but I also made up a basket of goodies, binkies, dipers, shampoos, ect. She loved them all.

my biggest highlight was seeing the other two granddaughters. The almost three year old is just a nana's girl right now and I just ate that up.

Group Builder