Great morning folks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aklogcabin

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Man life is great ain't it. After my beautiful wife of 40 some years takes me to the rheumatologist n then the surgeon that's going to fix my broken neck and maybe even within the next 4-6 weeks. Nothing much except my head isn't hooked up to my body anymore in a couple spots. Darn near killed my last time. Well first time. He had to put a metal plate on the front of 3 of them. Hey Dr told me that I had a red ring all the way around my spinal cord as it was getting sawed in half. Actually told me that he was kinda surprised I made it to the table after his initial inspection. Silly necks. Couldn't have anything to do with my lifestyle, I'll own it. Daughter taught me that. Sure easy to stay honest if you just own it. Folks are cool or jerks. Don't let it get ya. Live on your wins folks. I have great doctors and with today's technology I got no problems. They take great care of me. I do my job n try to keep my body healthy cus I'm kinda hard on it. Sure was fun getting here though. But a thousand great memories with every oofda. Live on your wins n let the Dr do his job. Have a great day. No problems only solutions here. Been in some very dangerous prersnnoksttz fsfbly wild places goofing off. And having the most beautiful lady in the world inside n out. Thank You Good Lord.
Kids grandkids we all are neighbors here to help out together. Huge garden in the ak all day growing season keeps them full off peas radishes carrots berries. Rabbits that can produce 300 pounds of meat produce the best furtalizer in the world. We homeschooled and our kids took over. Animal husbandry is an extremely important lesson in life. All the way to the freezer. Then it never leaves the cycle.
Daughter has insisted she she be in on all the slaughtering stuff. She's still a bit shy of the harvest part but then can do 6 rabbits n hour. We do 24 plus each cycle. 4-5 cycles per year. Barter for other protein. Halibut, salmon, moose but usually have moose. Black tail deer. Octopus homemade sausage shrimp fresh from Kodiak.
Took grandkids for a walk around the custom energy efficient retirement home. Beautiful wife has all new top line kitchen n big pantry. We get big 4x5 windows to watch the grandkids play in the park we call the yard. Complete with a camp spot n motor home. Lots of mountain to look at. Sat n pulled on a bottle of RnR while our fabulous Chesapeake Bay Retriever wore my arm off daring me to try n throw a bit of 2x4 into 4' deep snow over the hills n in the woods behind her back. She looks at me. I tell her what general direction. She hasn't lost in 5 years. Neither did her 2 uncles. Love the chessy they can keep up. And won't ever ever leave you. Or your family n livestock. Huge bull moose mama moose no matter. No bears I know of.
Except for a grizzly bear big one. Biologist said 5 year 500 pounds. Had a headache for a real short bit. Came from the end of the barrel I was holding. But I'll own it he was only 3' away. Kinda had this look in his eye. And on 4 power at 4' a grizzly bears eye looks kinda big n brown. Just big n brown maybe a little bitty black spot in the middle. Looks almost hollow all magnified like that. Pretty cool huh.
Darn bear was sitting on the back porch eating the hogs Tom n Jerry. He was going to eat our dog. Silly bear. I kinda liked that dog so had to tell that bear not to do that but oby was a chessy so if you're on his turf your going down. He's proved up. Eh just another day . Had to cut a huge bull moose out of a fence once. He kinda looked at me like it was my fault but I think he apreacheated the helping had. Hey die or have me help ya. Gave me the silliest look. Nice fellow just wander off steam rolling off him in the minus something temps. Gotta help the folks around you n your automatically taking care of yourself and goofing off at the same time. Win win. Sure glad for modern medicine. Gotta go. Ruby's barking me there is a moose near but not in the yard yet. Out of coffee to.
Have a great day folks

Latest posts

Back