Great short video on EMP/CME.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that major ed dames prediciting a huge cme he calls the kill shot will take out entire grid everywhere seems to be on the horizon. whether emp or cme i would not be surprised at all. good video thanks

As the video says, "Its not a matter of why, its a matter of 'when'"

Nothing you hopefully don't already know....but a good video to share with newbies contemplating 'the big one'

Only starting at 18:35 does he even begin to touch on the hardening against EMPs that has already been done to 'power systems' (I refuse to use the term, 'tha-grid' :mad:).
So much has been done that he has zero knowledge of.:(

Last edited:
Only starting at 18:35 does he even begin to touch on the hardening against EMPs that has already been done to 'power systems' (I refuse to use the term, 'tha-grid' :mad:).
So much has been done that he has no knowledge of.:(
Well, I guess it would be nice if there was a conspiracy to hide how much preperation was actually done rather than the reverse. But nobody knowns what they don't know.

Well, I guess it would be nice if there was a conspiracy to hide how much preperation was actually done rather than the reverse. But nobody knowns what they don't know.
They don't want to look at what all the CO-OPs have done/are doing. :(
It's boring and wastes their valuable time.
Maybe if we started a bunch of threads about: "Why is my power bill so damhigh?gaah", people would actually look at where their money goes.

Last edited:
Yep - good video......just technical enough and with good graphics and structure.

It is worth noting that hardening the grid is not a much of a solution either. Like hardening anything, that just pushes weapon developers to increase yields......which they have been doing mostly to attack EMP hardened facilities that the military already has.

Even facilities like Cheyenne Mountain are not hardened enough to withstand a 200kV/m EMP.......and weapons to produce those do exist.

Yep - good video......just technical enough and with good graphics and structure.

It is worth noting that hardening the grid is not a much of a solution either. Like hardening anything, that just pushes weapon developers to increase yields......which they have been doing mostly to attack EMP hardened facilities that the military already has.

Even facilities like Cheyenne Mountain is not hardened enough to withstand a 200kV/m EMP.......and weapons to produce those do exist.

What it makes me think about, is if the grid is dependent on just a couple thousand very hard to replace transformers, it seems a single CONVENTIONAL sortie, could take the grid out as well. And even if EMP hardening is relatively cheap, I know that hardening against a cruise missile, is not.

What it makes me think about, is if the grid is dependent on just a couple thousand very hard to replace transformers, it seems a single CONVENTIONAL sortie, could take the grid out as well. And even if EMP hardening is relatively cheap, I know that hardening against a cruise missile, is not.
No, no, no!
We blow our stuff up every good hurricane we can get.
One blew sheet metal into the substation, blowing a transformer to bits, plunging us into darkness.
The power co had it replaced and our power back on, in less than 6 hours :oops:.
People don't realize that when power goes out, the power company's paychecks stop:(.
They dread that happening more than you do.

No, no, no!
We blow our stuff up every good hurricane we can get.
One blew sheet metal into the substation, blowing a transformer to bits, plunging us into darkness.
The power co had it replaced and our power back on, in less than 6 hours :oops:.
People don't realize that when power goes out, the power company's paychecks stop:(.
They dread that happening more than you do.
I am wondering whether you know what a step up transformer is......

I am wondering whether you know what a step up transformer is......
Yes. And transformers in their thick metal case with lightning/HV arresters on input and output are the least vulnerable of all their equipment.
Something called 'long-lines' are the most vulnerable to EMP and would blow the fuses on both ends. (Those are the 2 wires you see going on top of poles for 7 miles to the people in the sticks)

this remonded me of some info from stan deyo--retired scientist guy--interestying backstory but anyway, he has been warning for a long time an event is very real and different ways it will impact us. of course the grid, net, phones, all that but also will cause buildings-homes to catch fire from the power of the current coming imto their homes and need to learn how to prepare to block or dump it--couple different ways and yeah he helped invent and sells one of them ---but homes catching fire will be one of the bigget immediate threats.
i have a couple of the emp shield units but also keep extra fire extinguishers and fire blankets around in a few places

Yes. And transformers in their thick metal case with lightning/HV arresters on input and output are the least vulnerable of all their equipment.
Something called 'long-lines' are the most vulnerable to EMP and would blow the fuses on both ends. (Those are the 2 wires you see going on top of poles for 7 miles to the people in the sticks)
Do some research.

Metal casings don't protect transformers from electrical/EMP threats.

Lightning protection and fuses are too slow acting to protect from the surges produced by EMP E3.

Step up transformers are connected to the biggest/heaviest cabled antennas in the world.

this remonded me of some info from stan deyo--retired scientist guy--interestying backstory but anyway, he has been warning for a long time an event is very real and different ways it will impact us. of course the grid, net, phones, TV, all that but also will cause buildings-homes to catch fire from the power of the current coming imto their homes and need to learn how to prepare to block or dump it--couple different ways and yeah he helped invent and sells one of them ---but homes catching fire will be one of the bigget immediate threats.
i have a couple of the emp shield units but also keep extra fire extinguishers and fire blankets around in a few places
Don't get me wrong, I believe that an EMP is a very real and serious threat that could disrupt our lives... but differently than most people think.
Anything that receives microwaves/RF cannot be hardened against an EMP without making it 'blind'.
Every satellite dish that points at the sky will be fried, cell towers too, internet that goes from a microwave dish to 'the big city' also.
Worry about those instead of power transformers. :(

Last edited:
Do some research.

Metal casings don't protect transformers from electrical/EMP threats.

Lightning protection and fuses are too slow acting to protect from the surges produced by EMP E3.

Step up transformers are connected to the biggest/heaviest cabled antennas in the world.
Yeah, I don't know nothing about power generation and distribution :(.
...Except:
Screenshot_20240224-231123_kindlephoto-939805691.png

Intro3.jpg

Latest posts

Back