Greetings from a newbie

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh Oregon, some of that State will get tough. I hope you are in the boonies! I don't 'prep' or stockpile - nature gives me more than I could ever need. How prepared? Erm ... okay, I'll take a run at this ... if western civilisation ended tonight, I'm not sure I'd notice.
nature gives me more than I could ever need? really?? until its winter and nothing grows and all the animals have gone south or are hibernating. a hunter/gatherer lifestyle probably isnt sustainable in the UK.
a prepared food stockpile is just for these times when you cant get fresh-to supplement not replace until you can grow your own.
if Western civilisation ended tonight I would notice but I would be celebrating in the morning.

Last edited:
Hello Schattentarn, I hope this is not Raccoon City from the Resident Evil scenario. If so, I hope you are blatting those zombies lol. I'm in the country, mate. Things seem to be holding up oaky for now. My worry is that this is just a temporary thing and that things get bad fast. All the best to you and your family, mate.

Most of California is Raccoon City.

Howdy from Texas!

I have met more than a couple of them. I would say 90% of them left because they got sick of the politics there and felt like their vote didn't matter...so, fingers crossed!

I have met more than a couple of them. I would say 90% of them left because they got sick of the politics there and felt like their vote didn't matter...so, fingers crossed!
Thank goodness. It is bad enough to ruin one place by letting the loonies take over the asylum, but when they move out and try to ruin another - sheesh! Glad that the ones you met seem to have their heads on properly. Best wishes, mate.

Latest posts

Back