Grizzly Travels 2,800 Miles for Food and Shelter, Puzzling Wildlife Biologists

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkhound

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
That is a fascinating story. Thanks for posting it!

Got family who have the Bitterroot Mountains just across the River. They camp a lot too. If it were me, I’d be packing but they don’t at all, ever. Topic- range of a grizzly bear. Yikes.

Why do they do that if they're not going to eat them? is it like a feeding frenzy only without eating? a big party for one bear? The article makes it sound like it is predatory kills, but not for food. just wondering...

They simply can't help it......it is their nature.

A scorpion wants to cross a river but cannot swim, so it asks a frog to carry it across. The frog hesitates, afraid that the scorpion might sting it, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature.

Why do they do that if they're not going to eat them? is it like a feeding frenzy only without eating? a big party for one bear? The article makes it sound like it is predatory kills, but not for food. just wondering...

Last edited:
Yellowstone had one that likes camper septic lines. I went in to the shop to buy a new one because something chewed ours up overnight and the cashier called the park ranger and told him "shes back". Apparently they have to catch and mover her to the far side of the park and it takes her 2 weeks to walk back.

I've never even seen a Grizzly and they scare the hell out of me!
Yellowstone! But the rangers hang out because the fools will want to go up and pet them. I saw one in Yellowstone, from the road and asked the ranger there was that speck was in the distance. A grizzly. And people parked along the road were chomping at the bit to go to it.

Latest posts

Back