Happy Birthday!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday, @Morgan101 ! I hope you have a great day!

Morgan 1923.gif

I have been really busy and have missed the following birthdays, that have been since Morgan101's birthday. To clarify, if someone joins the forum, and never or has rarely posted, I don't usually send them a birthday greeting anymore. I was doing that, but, I quit doing that. If any of you would be willing to do that, give greetings to people who have maybe been here once or twice, and maybe not for a year or two, please, have at it! You can see that we haven't seen some of these people in a while.

These happen to be the birthdays I've missed so far since Morgan's:
1-May​
Sewing Creations
2​
Biobacon
7​
GeckoRidgerunner
16​
Fteter

22​
BBQ Joe

Happy Birthday to all of you who have had birthdays that I have missed!

I will have a birthday in a couple days.
Used to celebrate them when I was young.
They were second only to Christmas with wonderful gifts:presents:.
Today they are only a reminder that I now have one year less to live.:(
You thought you were old.... you are now old+1.

Last edited:
I remembered, and was just going to give you heck about you b-day! I remembered your birthday because a friend turns 93 on you birthday, Thursday!! 😉

You thought you were old.... you are now old+1.
I saw that you are having a birthday, manana! I hope I don't miss posting it and I plan to do so tomorrow! You deserve greetings and well wishes!

Don't laugh, it could happen 😃😃😃
Ah, you forgot that I had my cataracts removed in February and the good expensive lenses installed.
$4K well spent and my eyes are 18 years old again!:woo hoo:

May 25 was Gary Burghoff's 80th birthday. He was Radar on Mash. In the information I posted below, it says he was an avid fisherman. When I was living in North Dakota, it was reported that he was in the area, fishing for sturgeon, a particularly odd fish.

https://fox4kc.com/news/rare-weird-looking-fish-caught-in-missouri-river/
Gary Burghoff 80th birthday.jpg

The Polyester Ball

dorotsnSep66y4m253A11aamM1aft75i7att8 :Mg5 c1 8883m10002 f90 ·

Happy 80th birthday to GARY BURGHOFF (born May 24, 1943), who’s known for his role of Corporal Walter “Radar” O'Reilly in the film and TV version of the Korean War comedy/drama “M*A*S*H”.

Before becoming an actor, Burghoff was the drummer in a well-known Las Vegas act in the late 1960s called The Relatives. His band’s lead singer was Lynda Carter, who would later find fame as an actress and star in the TV show “Wonder Woman”.

Burghoff won an Emmy Award for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 1977 for his portrayal of Radar. He left the show after the seventh season because of what Gary described as “burnout” and to spend more time at home.

“Family, to me, became the most important thing... I was not available as a father because of my work. That doesn’t stop when the work stops. Whenever you go out as a family, you’re always torn from family to deal with public recognition."

The "Goodbye Radar" episode was supposed to be the final show of season 7, but CBS expanded it into a double-episode for the November ratings sweeps that aired during the next season. Burghoff’s co-star Mike Farrell tried unsuccessfully to persuade him to stay on the show, reminding him about former “M*A*S*H” regulars Larry Linville and McLean Stevenson whose careers were essentially over after their departures.

But Burghoff continued to appear on television on a regular basis, making frequent appearances on game shows like “Tattletales”, “Hollywood Squares”, and “Match Game” (he was a regular on 140 episodes). The Bristol, Connecticut, native also appeared on episodes of “Love, American Style”, “The Love Boat” and “Ellery Queen”, and his “M*A*S*H” character Radar O'Reilly was spun-off into an unsold TV pilot titled “W*A*L*T*E*R”.

Gary Burghoff is an avid fisherman and also an inventor, holding patents for Magic Bait Dinner Bell Fish Chum (a fish attractant) and an automatic chum dispenser, both used to attract fish around a boat. Some of the other inventions he has patented include a toilet seat lifting handle and a new type of fishing pole. - Chuck Halley

Pictured: Gary Burghoff (center) with the cast of TV’s “M*A*S*H” in 1975; (inset) Burghoff in 2020.

Latest posts

Back