Happy Father's Day!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
To all you men who brought up or are bringing up their children, grandchildren, or stepped up to raise the children of other men; Happy Father's Day!

happy-father_s-day-to-all-the-dads-out-there-we1.jpeg

I lost my father 4 years ago. Lost mom last year.
Many of you remember that.
I still drive by their old place at times.
Wish I could go in and talk with him.

I have 3 daughters , love em all.
Two haven't spoke to me in 6 years.

Only one does .

But I got 6 grands that do.

Sorry, father's day and mothers day is not much at our house any more.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL.

Jim

Last edited:
To fathers who save other fathers ,
1592774722584.png

Support Law Enforcement

Like This Page · June 6 ·

I didn't enjoy writing tickets - But you didn't know

I cried when I found your daughter lying in a ditch, high on meth - But you didn't know

I was devastated when I found the 32 year old veteran dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound - But you didn't know

I missed my kids birthdays, school plays and family trips because I had to work - But you didn't know

I had nightmares about the 2 year old I found crushed under a truck tire while mom was inside buying dope - But you didn't know

I really struggled with EVERY death notification I made to a family about their loved one - But you didn't know

I was never comfortable at social gatherings because with the things I've seen, I can't trust anyone - But you didn't know

I've seen things you could never even imagine - But you didn't know

I really didn't like putting people in jail - But you didn't know

My job was hard on my family - But you didn't know

I had problems, just like everyone else - But you didn't know

The next time you see an officer, or any first responder, remember that they are people first and there is no training in the world that prepares them for the things they see and do on a daily basis.

I lost my father 4 years ago. Lost mom last year.
Many of you remember that.
I still drive by their old place at times.
Wish I could go in and talk with him.

I have 3 daughters , love em all.
Two haven't spoke to me in 6 years.

Only one does .

But I got 6 grands that do.

Sorry, father's day and mothers is not much at our house any more.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL.

Jim

I think most families have at least one. My oldest doesn't have much to do with us yet she comes here to visit ever chance she ets to get way. Lot of nerve IMO. The other two have rally busy lives yet find tiem to call daily plus visit a few times a year.
I guess he forgot who raised her,she is raisng her tow grand sons who are spoiled destructive brats. I love them but fact is fact, Coem her to tear the place up,don't work for me, so I told her whip their butts or I would,ended up tellign the 51 yr old I'd whip hers to if she didn't like it. KIDS!

My youngest , divorced a good guy.
Married a scumbag, crook, liar, sociopath...we tried to tell her.
We did not go to her second wedding. The oldest daughter got sucked in to taken sides with her against us.

Haven't spoke to us since.
6 years ago.. bout killed my wife.

Jim

Bless her heart I know how the wife feels. I use to have her on my mind when I got up an ehen I went otbed,Sh is my oldest. A good person,mother and has a good husband just can't say anything to her.I had to be stict never let anyone correct them nobody has ever laid a hand on them but me and that wasn't often. So she just can't be corrected without getting mad.

Anyway much respact for fathers who stick it out.

Yes! happy birthday to the fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers.
I fit into all those groups happily.
Watch over your children as we all do.

Latest posts

Back