Happy May😃

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy May Day from over here! Tradition is to leave some flowers on the doorstep for luck, as it's the start of the Celtic Bealtaine Festival here. Sending you all virtual wildflowers
1714578209133.png

I have a birthday this month.
I never put my DOB 'out there' because with just it and my real-name, anyone can access all of my health records and a few of my accounts. :(

I have a birthday this month.
I never put my DOB 'out there' because with just it and my real-name, anyone can access all of my health records and a few of my accounts. :(
Just cut to the chase. Please provide us your credit card info. It'll make our work easier!

May 1st is the beginning of sea turtle nesting season in Florida.
Every one must turn off all ocean facing lights at dusk, resorts must bring in all beach chairs, people digging holes in the sand and not filling them in when they leave can expect to be reprimanded by True Floridians.
Volunteer sea turtle patrols will be out and anyone molesting or even getting near a turtle coming out of the water to lay her eggs in the sand will be reported (it’s illegal to interfere in any way with a sea turtle, it could cause her to turn around and the eggs may end up being lost).

Nesting season is a HUGE deal in Florida.

Happy May Day. The photo below is of my granddaughter at last year's Maifest Celebration after Sunday church. We had a German church service, then afterwards in the parking lot, polka bands, beer garden, schnitzel and bratwurst. Who could ask for more. Walk out of church to a beer garden and dancing!
1714585940338.png

Raising of the May Pole
1714586173125.png

May Pole raised
1714586005634.png

Dancers
1714586057332.png

And, of course, polka dancing.

If anyone is interested I could try to post links.
Our local weekly island newspaper prints regular updates on number of nests counted, and later on articles of hatchlings.
And we have a good friend who is an officer with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), and they always have good information.

Well well!! 🤔 Happy Birthday!!
I don't celebrate it, but others do.
To me it only means: "one more year gone, and one less year to live :(".

If anyone is interested I could try to post links.
Our local weekly island newspaper prints regular updates on number of nests counted, and later on articles of hatchlings.
And we have a good friend who is an officer with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), and they always have good information.
I think that would be pretty cool, do you mind starting a fresh thread, or did you already?

I lived with my better half for a year or two, before we decided to sell her house and buy one that we both liked, and in a better area. It donned on us that we really don't have an official anniversary date, so we decided that we would use the closing date from when we purchased this house as our official anniversary. Since our closing date was 05-06-15, I guess I have an anniversary coming up. Then again, we have yet to celebrate any anniversary yet!

Latest posts

Back