Happy Thanksgiving, 2022

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I must have missed a year ;) but the wife is sick so not sure how it will pan out. She has some of the cooking done but I expect to have to finish the rest. Usually, it is my mom and youngest son. Basic and hopefully uneventful. Work the next day and getting some online orders done in between turkey and such. All the best to the "extended family" here. Have a great "turkey" day or whatever you choose to eat.

Goin to my parents tomorrow. Sis, BIL, niece and her hubs will all be there.

Itll be fun, but kinda sad to me in a way. Used to be Grand parents, aunts uncles, cousins all got together. Grand parents have been gone 20 years or more. Aunts and uncles are all in their 80s and just aren't up to a large gathering any more. I sure miss those days.

I’m working tomorrow 10 AM to 2 PM. Between holiday pay and time and a half, I’ll be making more tomorrow than I make in two days working. Dad’s going to put the turkey in the oven. I’ll take care of everything else when I come home.

Just me, Hubby, and the critters!! Nice quiet day off (yay), cooking a turkey and all the fixin's!! NAP!! Got a few invites but we both are in need of a nice day at home!! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks Weedy for starting the thread!!
I have to find the crank-rope early tomorrow:(.
We are heading out south tomorrow at 9:AM to go mooch off of relatives.
I usually roll out of bed at 9:30 in the morning, so grumble, grumble.gaah

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope y'all enjoy a good meal and reflect upon just how blessed you are, no matter how many times life may try to beat you down! Remember, it's not the beatings you take, it's whether you get back up and drive on until you achieve your goals! And happiness! Wealth isn't always about money: I like to tell my friends & relatives that I'm rich in life experience, since I fell somewhat short of my financial goals, lol. But I'm still alive & kicking here on the outskirts of Alamo... I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, a "family" of five cats who are all healthy & happy, friends & relatives to whom I can speak (and occasionally share a burden, lol), and a motorbike to ride now and then, as I did yesterday! Awesome ride, I'm off to post pics now in the KLR 650 thread, that bike took a beating yesterday on the trails but it really stood up to the abuse, lol. Those Kawasaki bikes are bulletproof, they can handle a lot of thrashing... so be like a Kawasaki, because life ain't always easy, lol. :oops:

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! We really don't care what year it is. It is still Thanksgiving. I will be going out early to IHOP to pick up breakfast, which we will eat as we watch the Macy's Parade. No other plans for the rest of the day. We had a family dinner yesterday, so I will whip something up and watch a lot of football.

Remember to say a prayer, and thank God for all his blessings. One of my life principles is "Remember that every minute of every day someone is praying for something you take for granted." Sometimes we forget how truly blessed we are, especially when times are tough. 🙏

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! We really don't care what year it is. It is still Thanksgiving. I will be going out early to IHOP to pick up breakfast, which we will eat as we watch the Macy's Parade. No other plans for the rest of the day. We had a family dinner yesterday, so I will whip something up and watch a lot of football.

Remember to say a prayer, and thank God for all his blessings. One of my life principles is "Remember that every minute of every day someone is praying for something you take for granted." Sometimes we forget how truly blessed we are, especially when times are tough. 🙏
Thank you Morgan, that's exactly what today is about!! Those words should be taken to heart everyday!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We'll be hosting this year - my son and his family, my DIL's parents, and a couple neighbor friends. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, fresh cranberry sauce AND "canberry" sauce, and about a million pies.

I'm very thankful we're able to do this.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dad will be starting the turkey and I'll finish everything up when I get home from work.

Hoping for an easy day but I'm sure it'll be chock full of people who come in to pick up a script that they have plenty of at home and comment to me about "why are you open on Thanksgiving?" :rolleyes: Don't mind the folks picking up antibiotics or other emergency meds.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
I'm heading away to London for a few days, so this is the first time in a few years I'm not cooking dinner in solidarity with you and in memory of the fine times we had in the States.
Enjoy, however you spend it.

Happy Thanksgiving. Slow day at home, just the wife and I, we're gonna roast a turkey breast and some fixins' and chill.

Just me, Hubby, and the critters!! Nice quiet day off (yay), cooking a turkey and all the fixin's!! NAP!! Got a few invites but we both are in need of a nice day at home!! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Thanks Weedy for starting the thread!!
I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day! I've been so busy lately, that today will be a welcome relief!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We'll be hosting this year - my son and his family, my DIL's parents, and a couple neighbor friends. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, fresh cranberry sauce AND "canberry" sauce, and about a million pies.

I'm very thankful we're able to do this.
Love the "canberry." I've never heard it called that. I love the jellied version of the canberry, not the chunky version. I do love my daughter's homemade version with persimmons.
Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!
Happy Thanksgiving, OldGrouch! Even though you've been a member hear from almost the beginning and in the previous place, I see you've rarely posted, only 43 times. Glad to see you here today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Latest posts

Back