Happy Treason Day!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommyice

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Happy Independence Day!

1688469219465.png

And don't forget......
1688469284997.png

During the War of 1812 a storm flag (17 by 25 feet) was flown over Fort McHenry during the bombardment. It was replaced early on the morning of September 14, 1814 with a larger garrison flag (30 by 42 feet). The larger flag signaled American victory over the British in the Battle of Baltimore. The sight of the ensign inspired Francis Scott Key to write the poem "Defence of Fort M'Henry" that was later set to the tune "To Anacreon in Heaven" and become known as the "Star Spangled Banner", the national anthem of the United States.

6BF9A9D9-12BA-4EBD-BDA8-7A856E138BB3.jpeg

The Original. . . Happy 4th guys!! I just don't understand why any true American, as in born and bread here, doesn't want to put Americans first and fore most. It boggles my mind the insanity our country has become. I tear up hearing this song and he does an absolutely beautiful song with so much meaning. . .infact more so now than ever.

We only got to see half of our towns firework display today. The bottom half. The clouds were so low. It was really kind of neat though. Above, you would see a flash like lightning behind a cloud, but then there was a clearly demarcated line and below that you saw the bottom half of the explosion driving the colored trails downward. It looked eerie and alien, but fascinating at the same time.

Latest posts

Back