Happy Valentine's Day ...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Valentine's day!

O.K. Tell me what is the most important: Flowers, Candy, or a Card? I always get all three for my wife. Ladies, do you have a preference?

O.K. Tell me what is the most important: Flowers, Candy, or a Card? I always get all three for my wife. Ladies, do you have a preference?
I prefer a blooming plant.

Daughter just reminded me that we would get dressed up and go out for the nicest dinners we ever went out for, on Valentine's Day, when she was younger. I had forgotten that. I drive by one of the places and knew I had been there but could never remember when and with who. I remember other places that we ate.

O.K. Tell me what is the most important:
The obvious choice. :)
1707926297643.png

I think what is most important is what is the most heartfelt and sincere . I've enjoyed a few valentine's celebrations from others , the mutual sincerity is what was appreciated the most.
It doesnt have to be the traditional 3 either..everyone is different n some folks might enjoy a quality wrench set n a good dinner n talk.

Since Valentine's Day is about love, I saw these two videos about love and marriage that I found very interesting. There are some 4 letter words and some graphic things, so if that bothers you, you might want to pass on watching these. These two videos are each more than an hour long.

I prefer a blooming plant.

Daughter just reminded me that we would get dressed up and go out for the nicest dinners we ever went out for, on Valentine's Day, when she was younger. I had forgotten that. I drive by one of the places and knew I had been there but could never remember when and with who. I remember other places that we ate.
That's funny. I try to tell my mom not to give people plants. I say that they are the gift that keeps on taking. They require eternal care and take up space. It is nice to know someone likes them.

Well, husband ordered another Joel Salatin book for me, it just came in the mail. A bunch of old grey haired volunteer ladies outside the hospital gift shop were selling peanut butter cookies and vases of roses. So that's what he got. And a card. I had bought a card for him last week. Got little granddaughter a heart shaped box of fancy chocolates. And a funny card.

Funny story about the ladies who worked in the Tower at UT of Austin
The tower is where the accounting and contracts and grants is located . My wife worked their for years
I happened to be on campus on Valentine’s Day researching a bid on a job. I saw a small cookie shop that sold a cookie that looked like a sunflower. It was not little. About 18” long. So I bought 6 flowers to make a cookie bouquet. Then picked my wife up treated her to lunch then dropped her back at the tower
Guys, the ladies in the tower trashed me, talked about me like I was a dawg. You see. Instead of picking up a phone and ordering roses to be delivered I had make the social blunder of a lifetime. I actually took time out of my busy day to spend time with my love
And gave her a bouquet of sunflower cookies

Funny story about the ladies who worked in the Tower at UT of Austin
The tower is where the accounting and contracts and grants is located . My wife worked their for years
I happened to be on campus on Valentine’s Day researching a bid on a job. I saw a small cookie shop that sold a cookie that looked like a sunflower. It was not little. About 18” long. So I bought 6 flowers to make a cookie bouquet. Then picked my wife up treated her to lunch then dropped her back at the tower
Guys, the ladies in the tower trashed me, talked about me like I was a dawg. You see. Instead of picking up a phone and ordering roses to be delivered I had make the social blunder of a lifetime. I actually took time out of my busy day to spend time with my love
And gave her a bouquet of sunflower cookies
Don’t listen to the nidgets! Bet mrs f was happy.

Got the wife a card. Added 2 Mounds bars as she likes them. Gave them to her this morning. Grabbed flowers on the way home from work. My worth? Not so much as a card. Pathetic. Anyway, Happy Valentines day to all here. I am a long time lurker so theres actually no need for an introduction. Just reading and taking things in. Wasn't even wanting to post yet I guess I wanted to vent a small amount. Woo Hoo. New post count; 1 lol.

Latest posts

Back