He will be missed..

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A tear in my eye from this post thinking of your loss. Let the fond memories carry you until you meet again. I know the feelings…
I won’t lie still tears me up for sure and no doubt it will for a while. He was the best I ever knew. And I don’t know that I’ll ever run with one that’s better then him. I do have one of his pups she’s 4 months old now. We couldn’t find her a home and y’all actually helped me name her Marlene. Looking now I can’t help but think it was meant to be we have 3 homes lined up for her and all fell threw. I’m gonna do all I can In my power to make her half the dog he was.

Last edited:
yes thats the book. i could kick myself for not getting a copy back then. when that guy died his dogs went to a man in new mexico that lived in the moogallen(spelling) range and hunted lion.he always advertised them in full cry.

warren houlser was man i am talking about started smokey river.i can remember exact details...but he sold his family farm or moved from it to oklahoma because huting was better or vise versa and moved towards end of his life before he died back to farm. its been a very long time now so i forget exact details of it. he said once he went to go hunting with lee boys and told his wife he be back in a couple months. he said lees said lets go hunting and left their home.they returned 18 months later...lol..he sauid his wife about killed him and was close to divorcing him too...lol..they hunted all over southwest and went on into mexico and more hunting jaugar before tiring out and needing to go back home...lol

my blue dog was born in 1995 and was killed in about 2003. along with him was my plott female that was gifted to me by a famous plott man and little did i know it would be his last litter raising as he died very soon after as well.both mashed in highway.havent had hounds since 2007 and last hunt out west was in 2005. i am to crippled up to chase hounds any longer.

old add from warren

looks like warren died in 2012 at age of 91years.i thought he had died in early 2000's for some reason. i know he was pretty sick for a long time per my buddy that went to see him often back then. he had a female from warren that was an outstanding hound .

OIP.nZN3mJOj7hwYHZhlz-dIiQHaKU

Last edited:
My condolences. Losing a pet is tough, especially when you have a solid bond, no shame in admitting it either. My current 8 yr old Mal will be a devastating loss when I have to say goodbye I'm sure, he is by far the best dog I have ever had the pleasure of rooming with.

Losing a dog is super-tough. I hope you find contentment and enjoy the great memories you have. And for goodness sake, get another dog pronto. Because there's no such thing as a bad dog.

I am so sorry for your loss @Bluetick21. I very well know what I means to lose a special dog that is a part of your family. Some will stand out more than others because of the close bond you have with and the protectiveness of you, at least in my life. I have lost a few special dogs over the years. . . Kasey Lynn and Montana will probably always be my favorites. But I have many that I still miss. . .

Latest posts

Back