Heading out west next week....suggestions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scenery was beautiful. We had so much packed for the, just in case. Had a bag full of rona, just in case. Had all our winter clothes plus lots of extras. A cooler full of freeze dried food. 2 BOB. I think we each had 2-3 pairs of boots.
We do not haul campers. Its trailers with equipment in for nuke workers. One thing with these trailers they have huge diesel generators that we keep full of diesel, they have heat and electric. So I carry a small keurig in case I need to heat water.
also if you want to check road conditions we use fasttruck.com. Some states are better than others with giving the info on road conditions. But I used that site alot.

Glad you had a safe trip. Wonderful memories for you and your daughter. It is a stunningly beautiful part of the country. I would love to go back.

We hit the prairie in SD and I was panicking a few times. Was getting 6.1 mpg. Gas stations were few and far between. I have a trucker app that shows where gas stations are, it came in handy, many times.
For someone who had never driven through the area, the trucker app is a great idea.
In that part of the world, it is very important to be aware of the distance between towns, especially in the winter. Small towns may have gas stations that close down fairly early as well, but truck stations are probably usually open 24 - 7. I've done some driving in the winter, but I mostly travel in these parts in the summer.

Latest posts

Back