Hello from a tiny town in Minnesota

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmersDaughter

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My husband and I own a hobby farm with beef cattle, chickens, cats.and the occasional varment (sp) which get booted ASAP with a .22. I grew up on a dairy farm and work was hard but I am grateful now for that hard work. We are medicare age but I still work as I have a very lucrative business that supports everything we have and I don't see retirement for a long time. Hubby stays home and takes care of this place...... so much to do we could use a person to help every day but they are hard to find and trust. Thats all for now. thanks in advance for the welcomes.

My husband and I own a hobby farm with beef cattle, chickens, cats.and the occasional varment (sp) which get booted ASAP with a .22. I grew up on a dairy farm and work was hard but I am grateful now for that hard work. We are medicare age but I still work as I have a very lucrative business that supports everything we have and I don't see retirement for a long time. Hubby stays home and takes care of this place...... so much to do we could use a person to help every day but they are hard to find and trust. Thats all for now. thanks in advance for the welcomes.
Welcome aboard!
Out the gate I have a personal question - grew up on a dairy. . . so . . . you have forearms like this right?
1701299370141.png

PS: never mind me - I come from a lineup of dairymen (& women) 😊

Welcome aboard!
Out the gate I have a personal question - grew up on a dairy. . . so . . . you have forearms like this right?
View attachment 120498
PS: never mind me - I come from a lineup of dairymen (& women) 😊
I did but they dwindled after I turned 45 i had some mean bipes for sure and I was 140 lbs but looked 110 skinny side - I milked 20 head morning an night from age 13 - 17 0r so with the cans and bucket style milkers - no pipe line for me.

I did but they dwindled after I turned 45 i had some mean bipes for sure and I was 140 lbs but looked 110 skinny side - I milked 20 head morning an night from age 13 - 17 0r so with the cans and bucket style milkers - no pipe line for me.
When my Gma was in her 80s, she said “If I never have to milk another cow. . .” I told her she was in luck because there was a pretty good chance she would never have to again 😂

So glad that things seem to be working out for you. Will say that I am the one that is working outside the home while my Hunny stays home to take care of our place, but his gardening skills are not great so that's not given a great harvest in the last 3 years when I went back to full time. Hope your Hunny can do better. On the plus side, I didn't have to spend my time after work to process with either canning, dehydrating or freeze drying. On the down side, we didn't get to put upthe harvest we did in the past.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. Speaking of PopEyes' forearm muscles, I went commercial fishing with an old Norwegian fisherman, he used to pull in long lines full of fish by hand and his muscles were just like PopEyes', milking cows by hand would certainly work the same muscles.

Another Welcome from Alaska!

Latest posts

Back