Hello from a tiny town in Minnesota

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Florida.
My wife and I passed “Medicare age” a decade ago.
She’s the farmer, I’m the hired hand. Will work for food.
Due to conditions beyond our control, Social Insecurity is our sole income, so I work in town three days a week.

Welcome from Florida.
My wife and I passed “Medicare age” a decade ago.
She’s the farmer, I’m the hired hand. Will work for food.
Due to conditions beyond our control, Social Insecurity is our sole income, so I work in town three days a week.
move to Minnesota into my tiny house out front and we will feed you pay heat an electric in trade for labor - split wood cut grass collect eggs feed the cattle etc etc etc edit: and i can supply the occasional caseof beer to sweeten the deal LOL

move to Minnesota into my tiny house out front and we will feed you pay heat an electric in trade for labor - split wood cut grass collect eggs feed the cattle etc etc etc edit: and i can supply the occasional caseof beer to sweeten the deal LOL
I'm a lifelong Floridian. I don't "do" cold, snow, sleet, ice, zero temperatures.
In fact, when the Army sent me to Fort Carson, Colorado, in the shadow of Pikes Peak in 1968, one winter of going on field maneuvers was a definite life changer. Spending a week at a time sleeping in tents and everything else involved with field artillery in sub zero temps and deep snow, and doing this multiple times was enough for me.
I volunteered for Vietnam to get the heck out of there.

Oh, edited to add:
About the beer - I had to give that up almost 19 years ago. I'm a medical textbook description of a true alcoholic blackout drinker and become a different person when I drink. Dangerous.

Last edited:
pretty darn close to me - roughly 30-40 miles to my house

Looked it up in my atlas... reminded me of a place near there. Every month or so I went to the mayo in Rochester for work. I saw the strangest tradition on night... too funny. 😁

I was at the hotel bar and a bachelorette party stopped by for a drink. The bride-to-be, had on two cotton string necklaces. Tied every inch or so to the first one were pieces of bubble gum (in/wrapper). Tied every inch to the second one were tootsie pops.

To raise money the bride had to walk up to every guy in the bar and say 'a blow or a suck for a buck'. A friend or two were right beside her, making jokes, talking to everyone. It was funny! Those girls were a riot!!! 🤣🤣

Anyway, she had no problem selling out then it was off to the next establishment.

Being a stranger i had to ask... The girls, other patrons, even bartender said it was a local tradition. So I bought one of each!! 🤣

And the signature line. 👍
FYI, I like your avatar, what's up with the big truck?
Thats me with my 1977 Peterbilt dump truck. Hubby built it for me. in the winter I haul snow and in the summer I haul assssssphault I have a 1992 Pete also. I love driving truck.

Attachments

• 70447919509__A4B18C5F-E1E5-44EA-833A-D4978DE20EC9.jpeg
    70447919509__A4B18C5F-E1E5-44EA-833A-D4978DE20EC9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2799.jpeg
    IMG_2799.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1355.jpeg
    IMG_1355.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
awe shucks *kicks the dirt* thank you
except for the turnout exhaust, any diehard Pete monkey will tel you 45 degree miters are manditory, even if they do spit soot all over after a rain,

Latest posts

Back