Hello from SE Iowa.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griz78

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Good morning all.

Fairly newish to homesteading. Well I guess that technically we haven't started yet.

I've got some experience in it from when I was younger. But reckon there's lots to learn here.

We currently live in a somewhat small town. But are looking to buy five or ten acres within the next few years and downsizing our house seeing as our youngest will be moving out in the next year or so.

So yeah. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Welcome from Alaska!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Much of my life has been spent trying to earn more and more money. It's worked out more or less. But I'm ready to look at earning less and living a bit more. Please note I didn't say work less.

I currently work as a multi craft industrial tech and lead for a company that makes food cans, and run a small residential tree service as well as sell firewood. Though I've scaled back on my side businesses over the last year and change.

I wrecked my bike pretty bad in June of 21 and just didn't have the umph to work 12 hour nights and do everything else. In 2020 we sold around 350 to 400 cord and this year I'll be lucky to do fifty. So yeah. Slowed down.

Anyway. I guess I'm rambling. So, again. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Greetings from Colorado. I grew up in Keokuk...I always said you could stick anything you wanted in the ground and it would grow. My Dad was quite a gardener in IA. That is not the case in Colorado...I work at everything.
You're not wrong. Most everything grows here.

I'm about a half hour from Keokuk.

Welcome from smack dab in the middle of Iowa!

The closest I get to your part of the state in my travels is the Quad Cities and Chariton. I know it's far different than where I live. You have woods and hills. Where I'm at, they closed the state forest because the tree died!

Jump in and enjoy!
My mother was originally from Indianola.

I spent a lot of time up there when I was younger helping my uncle and cousins farm.

Latest posts

Back