Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Tilen!
I have used clamps like that in the past. Does your screw use ACME threads or something else?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. ACME thread has a trapezoidal profile and is used for a lot of machinery especially if you use zero clearance half-nuts for adjustments.
I have a lathe so I can cut just about any thread I want. My tooling is all I have left of my business that I had to sell when I was disabled.
I'm getting better and my tools are still used so it is all good. My son stopped by yesterday to have a couple pair of brass handles made for his wife's marble rolling pins.
I had to free hand the curved surfaces on the lathe. After finishing they looked great and replaced the wood handles nicely. I will get a KETO chocolate pie out of the deal.

No, My daughter in law makes that pie. I can try to get the recipe from her if you want it.

Welcome, Tilen, from Vermont. Is Slovenia the state with the capital named Brno? If so, I once owned a pistol made nearby.

Well shucks, Brno ain't even in Slovenia. Ljubjana is the capitol - see, I looked it up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back