Hello from SW Idaho!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedanube

Accidental prepper with radioactive green thumb.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hi! I’m a lifelong farm kid who grew up and just couldn’t handle subdivision life. We live on an acre but it’s more like a miniature homestead than just a big yard. We have chickens, cats, a dog that thinks he’s one of the kids, an orchard, and a garden that grows enough food for an army. Other than milk products, we haven’t been “grocery” shopping in years. My boys refer to the basement as the grocery store. We can all year round and get meat from local farmers or hunting and fishing. I dehydrate, ferment, and even bake all our bread from scratch. My husband is convinced that our boys will have to find significant others out in the wild, because they thrive on being freethinkers and devourers of all things homemade. We have traveled to 42 of the 50 states with a truck and trailer over the years with our kids. Oh and on the side I’m a 20 year retired army guard vet and a civil engineer (still practicing), cause I’m unable to sit still and might have been one of them from the wild myself!

Welcome from Alaska!

Hi! I’m a lifelong farm kid who grew up and just couldn’t handle subdivision life. We live on an acre but it’s more like a miniature homestead than just a big yard. We have chickens, cats, a dog that thinks he’s one of the kids, an orchard, and a garden that grows enough food for an army. Other than milk products, we haven’t been “grocery” shopping in years. My boys refer to the basement as the grocery store. We can all year round and get meat from local farmers or hunting and fishing. I dehydrate, ferment, and even bake all our bread from scratch. My husband is convinced that our boys will have to find significant others out in the wild, because they thrive on being freethinkers and devourers of all things homemade. We have traveled to 42 of the 50 states with a truck and trailer over the years with our kids. Oh and on the side I’m a 20 year retired army guard vet and a civil engineer (still practicing), cause I’m unable to sit still and might have been one of them from the wild myself!
Hi and greetings! I made the move from the big city to rural Twin Falls County in 2018 and am glad I did.

Welcome from NE Florida.
Thank you for serving our country.
I did three years in the Army, one of those in Vietnam. (Which is probably why I got out and went home).
Our homestead is four acres. I used to wish it was 40 acres, but then I realized that God gave it to me, and He could take it away.

Hello and welcome from S.W. Oregon. I often think that we should have ended up in Idaho as it is one of the better survival go to locations, our neighbor on our west side moved to the base of the Idaho panhandle a few year back, they are on 80 acres and we've been invited to live on their land if thing get too bad here, sounds good but we're just too old to move and build another home and as it is we live in a very survival minded area, far away from the lost city of Portland, known as the San Francisco of the North, we have taken the highway system through S.W. Idaho numerous times on our way to visiting relatives in Kansas and Colorado. You have come to a very good site, good people with tons of hands on knowledge of back to the land living.

Latest posts

Back