Hello from Texas!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You no we don sa it rite. We don sa ask we sa ass. Lik ass what U wan 2 no. Sounds like you almost married me. I'm the funniest, smartest, sweetest Cajun there is. LOL Texas is in the Southwest section but any one can come to ours. As far as I know, there isn't going to be a meet in any of the west sections. So all you guys are welcome to come to meet with us. We will have a good time and get to meet other members face to face. We have some from Texas that are going to be with us. Welcome again to you and your ASS. LMAO

Mastercajun, i can tell I'm going to have to keep a careful eye on you... smooooth talker! Lol

When is LA meet n greet? It isn't possible for me to head far west to NV, CA. I have work and Daddy battling cancer. The home team is winning so far, but I like to be near as I can be.

It would be nice if you could make it. Bill, Jim and I will be meeting in Monroe, La. and following each other. That way if anything happens, we won't be stuck on the road alone. You are welcome to join us. As you know us coonasses take care of OLD Texas women. HA HA HA HA. As you see, I'm never serious.

The meet and greet is in West Tenn. We made it there so more people would be able to make it and not one person would have to travel so far. I have no doubt a fine looking like you would be a beautiful and charming site at the meet. Hows that for smooth?

I can't travel so far away as TN right now. Sure would love to drag my old bones out there though. LOL

Maybe next year the timing will be better.

Smooth talkin' Cajun man. Woooo-weee. ROTFL

jimLE, we have so many Californians moving here in the Dallas area it's insane. They come here for the better economy and job opportunities - and then bitterly complain that we aren't like California and how much better it is there. Holy hell, batman, then MOVE BACK. There's a reason Texas is in better fiscal shape than CA. Don't come here and try to make us you. We won't allow it. Gitta rope.

Yes, I've had more than a few such arguments in the past 8 years or so.

It's so expensive here, I can see why people leave the state. Gitta rope that's funny, don't judge all us Cali's from a few.

folks from other states prolly moveing to dallas fort worth austin houston and other big citys as well..but then again i cant blame um any either seeing how texas is great to see.. :) less earth quakes here to..lol

Dad from New York and Mom from Colorado. They moved to California, had me there. They moved to Texas when I was only 6 months old. Heck yeah! I didn't have to be influenced by all the Liberals. I grew up in the Great state of Texas. . . and since I am on the Louisiana border, got some wonderful Cajun food!

Well Danil, it's like I said before, us Cajuns don't eat to live, we live to eat. And I'm a professional at eating. I have my PHD in Eating. I can stand up with the best and put most of them to shame.

Dad from New York and Mom from Colorado. They moved to California, had me there. They moved to Texas when I was only 6 months old. Heck yeah! I didn't have to be influenced by all the Liberals. I grew up in the Great state of Texas. . . and since I am on the Louisiana border, got some wonderful Cajun food!

Well, they got here fast as they could, didn't they! :)

Well Danil, it's like I said before, us Cajuns don't eat to live, we live to eat. And I'm a professional at eating. I have my PHD in Eating. I can stand up with the best and put most of them to shame.

You make me want some red beans n rice and some gumbo and other savory, wonderful things!

Yummy!

No crawfish though. They just never look dead no matter how boiled or streamed they are. Their lil beady eyes just keep on looking at me. smh

Yummy!

No crawfish though. They just never look dead no matter how boiled or streamed they are. Their lil beady eyes just keep on looking at me. smh
Just think of them as tiny little lobsters. . . can't beat a crawfish boil with red potatoes and corn. Yum!

Greetings fellow Lucky Texan,

Welcom to THE place for survival info. We have a very knowledgeable group here and we are all still learning.
Don't be afraid to post your thoughts or suggestions either.
Hope you find what you need here. If not, just ask.
We are all in this together.
Be well, prep well.

How exactly can a Texan call themselves lucky....cause they are almost from Louisiana. I guess they are lucky cause they are not from Oregon.

Thank you Jayjay. Whatever made you leave my beautiful city? Although, I confess that I would head to Australia in a heartbeat for a several year visit!

Latest posts

Back