Hello from the north!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Thought I’d introduce myself! I’ve been an Alaskan for over a decade and have settled into the lifestyle of resurrecting an old homestead that the wife and I purchased in the middle of nowhere away from the crowds. I’m retired army paratrooper who got to see the world. About 3 years ago I retired from my second career to spend more time in the woods.

Originally from deep in the mountains of Appalachia with my early years growing up on our family farm. Family moved to Nebraska and I spent about 9 years on a small farm before seeing the world curtesy of the military. Most of my adult life and my first job outside of the army were in the Central America, tropical locations and the southern bayous. But the mountains have always been where my heart was, and Alaska called. The wife and I never looked back. We both love the Alaskan seasons, the isolation and the fresh air.

I look forward to reading and hopefully participating in the homesteading and wilderness sections!

Hey there, I know you and you know me...welcome to the most laidback troll-free zone on the internet! Good to see you here. You'll like hanging your hat in here!

Welcome from a "Alaskan wanta be" most of my adult life. Just never worked out for me.
We have a few Alaskans here.
Another is great

Would you be able to send some snow to West KY around Dec 24th ?

Thanks for joining

Jim

I can probably send you you first installment as early as next week! Winter is knocking loudly. I relish the winter months as a time to kick back a little!

Hardcalibres, its an honor to be the recipient of your first post on this forum!

Is that a promise?

I am going to hold you to that......

>GA smooths the welcome mat, gets the pot of coffee on, and ices the beers for later, stokes the fireplace, drags out more chairs for more friends dropping in..<

It is so good to see you here, HC. You will look around and find ZERO trolls and may wonder what the mods do with the stray trolls that might wander in...I think they lock 'em up and feed them fish head soup and bones? I dunno, but the members and mod team here are awesome.

>GA smooths the welcome mat, gets the pot of coffee on, and ices the beers for later, stokes the fireplace, drags out more chairs for more friends dropping in..<

It is so good to see you here, HC. You will look around and find ZERO trolls and may wonder what the mods do with the stray trolls that might wander in...I think they lock 'em up and feed them fish head soup and bones? I dunno, but the members and mod team here are awesome.
Yep. That will be very different (and I mean good different).

Latest posts

Back