Hello! Hoping to meet new and interesting people.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACRivera

New Friend
Neighbor
Hi,
Thank you for having me! I come from a long line of cabin-owners and outdoorsmen so it'll be great to meet and talk with like-minded people and how they fair with rural living. I'm a writer by trade, so I always enjoy meeting people from other walks of life. I'm especially interested in how folk live in the country but balance that with living in the modern world (obviously, people here are connected to the internet). What do you consider the right amount of technology or too much? Anyway, thanks again!

Hi,
Thank you for having me! I come from a long line of cabin-owners and outdoorsmen so it'll be great to meet and talk with like-minded people and how they fair with rural living. I'm a writer by trade, so I always enjoy meeting people from other walks of life. I'm especially interested in how folk live in the country but balance that with living in the modern world (obviously, people here are connected to the internet). What do you consider the right amount of technology or too much? Anyway, thanks again!
Welcome from SW Ohio! :Welcome group:

Welcome from Alaska!

For your question, that would make a great thread topic!

Hi,
Welcome from NH.

welcome!
im pretty rural and enjoy it very much tho its not for everyone. rural living is not eacatly convenient. but ive lived and cities and suburbs and ill never go back.
personally im waiting for a meeor to hit and take us all back to the 1800s. be nuce to still have shortwave tho

Hello and welcome, considering the varied background of people here, this is a great place to be. Wife and I live out in the woods in a mountain valley in S.W. Oregon, we run on minimum technology, had to go to satellite due to land line being slower than molasses, went to a Mac Book Pro because I come to hate Microsoft and their software always going out of date as well as frequently freezing. We do have a 4,000 watt pure sine wave solar emergency backup. Our vehicles are to old to have computer screens on the dash, we strive to live as low tech as possible, at our age, it's just easier to live without any compilcations of learning the latest tech.

Hi,
Welcome from Wisconsin so glad you joined us. Have a blessed day! 🙏🙏

welcome from SW Virginia. We do live on a rural homestead and are farmers.
We have really good internet and not paying for it since we let them put an antennae up on our property. Before that we had really really bad Hughes Net, only worked for about a week a month and then we were out of data and it cost a small fortune
it helps we are almost on top of a mountain, our phones don't even work when you get to the bottom

My brother had that opening line on a military T shirt. It ended with " and kill them". That always cracked me up but I have a really twisted sense of humor.
Welcome from Oregon. Not Portland, but on a clear day I can smell the smoke.

Back