Help me thin out my BoB.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After judging the weight of yours vs mine, I don't think you're overloaded at all! Seriously, as everyone pointed out, mess kit, secondary fire starters, water filter, plastic/tarp, and keep the rope (just in case). I had a friend hike almost all of the adriondiak trail, he said that in the first couple weeks the ground was littered with all kinds of high end gear. People got tired of all that dead weight and minimized on the go. I do have my main backpack with essentials, and then have a couple carry bags with shoulder straps. They have some of the comfort items that would make life easier, but could be dropped in a pinch. Either way, with all my crap, and at fifty yrs old, I'm not running too far with all my gear. I want to stay close to be able to sneak around and pick off whatever *******s are looting my place. If there's a bio/nuclear hazard then I'm bugging out in my vehicle stocked as full as I can get, both for carrying capacity and speed/distance I can put between me and the hazard.

I second with what has already been said, ditch the extra clothing and go with the 550 para-cord (American made) walmart and home depot sell the knock off 550 it's crap

Edit: looks like you already got the 550 I missed that in your post above

Latest posts

Back