Hi from East TN

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Arkansas. There's plenty to browse here. Enjoy!

Welcome from the Cumberland Plateau...Howdy neighbor!

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I've been looking through these posts and there are a lot of responsive people here that are happy to share their knowledge. Looks like a great forum.

Are you living off grid? We did that for about 2 years. We just recently got electricity. It was good to know we could do it but it sure is nice not to go outside and start the generator to nuke a burrito.

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I've been looking through these posts and there are a lot of responsive people here that are happy to share their knowledge. Looks like a great forum.

It is a fantastic forum full of knowledgeable members. The member who thinks he is a cowboy and living in 1868, I take everything he posts with a grain of salt.

Are you living off grid? We did that for about 2 years. We just recently got electricity. It was good to know we could do it but it sure is nice not to go outside and start the generator to nuke a burrito.
We are only partially off-grid. We still have to drive 3 hours a day to work and back. I'm really hoping now that we have internet to get a remote job and just work from out here. We live on 72 acres in the middle of nowhere with some cows and some dogs and its awesome!! There is a very small town about 30 minutes from here, so I guess it's not as off-grid as some places but we are definitely on our own as far as having to handle everything ourselves. I don't know if I could handle not having electricity for more than a day or two. Sounds like you come from some pretty sturdy stock!

Latest posts

Back