Hi

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and a warm welcome from S.W. Oregon, you've come to a good place, we're all doing pretty much what we preach and are happy to share what works with all our friends here as well as all the new people that have come here.
I see this site as kind of like a Bar & Grill off the beaten path with the best cheeseburgers ever, and good company, good conversation, etc...

Some of us noobs have known each other for years, from a site that went downhill. I think there's one more knocking at the door, but he's from 1/2 way around the world and might have a hard time getting in. There may be more to follow?? But I figure this place shouldn't be spoiled by spreading the word too far.

Welcome from Oregon. We camped a lot when we were raising kids. We figured out hotdogs with mac n cheese cost the same on the river as it does at home. After living in an RV off grid for 4 years while building our home we had our full of camping for a bit. We do have a reservation at a yurt on the beach coming up. That is close enough for now.

FB_IMG_1528403081669.jpg

I’m wondering what site the newbies are migrating from? Many of the first people here left a forum in late 2017. You could send a private message but I’m sure others are curious as well.
With reading I've discovered some of you came here as somewhat of a group in late 2017, which seems to be pretty much the beginning of this site.

It may become common knowledge where I came from, via an invitation, and that I sent out three invitations, all of which are here now and actively posting, and made their own intro threads. And.... others from the same place are here and have sent out invitations... but only to friends and good quality people. It would, however, not be appropriate for me or anyone else to say publicly where we came from.

Last edited:
I forgot to say that I'm pretty sure where we newbies have come from is pretty insignificant in the big picture of things. I mean I'd be surprised if anyone else has heard of the place, and even with the proper key-words... it's almost impossible to find with search engines.

FWIW and as long as I'm still alive and kicking, and getting into my blues rock music....

My first site was a place called glocktalk. It's still around and easy enough to find. It's where I learned to type, developed a think skin, had some fun and made some friends. But, none of newbies are coming from there.

FWIW and as long as I'm still alive and kicking, and getting into my blues rock music....

My first site was a place called glocktalk. It's still around and easy enough to find. It's where I learned to type, developed a think skin, had some fun and made some friends. But, none of newbies are coming from there.
It's interesting that you mention your blues rock music, it's only since I've gotten older that I have come to realize that a great deal of rock is actually blues and I've come to appreciate some of the music I wouldn't have listened to when I was a lot younger.

You'all know most dont care where from, you found us :)

Suckers :p

Like all wonderers, we travel the bytes trying to find a place to settle and be accepted, sometimes our homes burn and we have to leave and find another place to spend a few nights and quietly watch from outside till we can see if we may fit in, some are misfits, some are easily accepted and some are just hard pressed to be at peace even in the gates of Heaven.

I hope all of us are going to be easily accepted and be an asset instead of a disruption in your wonderful community.

Latest posts

Back