HOA's

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dademoss

What I specialized in is oboslete
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Lori got her intro into HOA's tonight, She sent me a house and then had to ask our agent if he could get the bylaws.

Attached here, for your amusement, but now she knows why I won't live in one.

Attachments

• Oak Forge Community HOA.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Lori got her intro into HOA's tonight, She sent me a house and then had to ask our agent if he could get the bylaws.

Attached here, for your amusement, but now she knows why I won't live in one.
You win. I thought a 9 pager was bad.

The developers that built our subdivision were required to include a HOA by the borough. Once the development was finished, and before the first lot was sold, they had a HOA meeting and voted to abolish the HOA.

Mine is annoying, but the current crop of board members don't enforce the rules. I have mildew on the north side of my house that should have been cleaned off on April, haven't been cited yet. I've been working on a boat in my driveway for almost 2 months now, should have been cited after the first week.
When the developer was still in charge it was terrible. But since residents took over they've gotten super chill.
That being said, never again.

We have one, but they really don't do anything. I guess they maintain some of the common ground, and collect dues for that. I have never known them to cite anybody for anything, and there have been instances where people should have been cited. There is always one that doesn't maintain the property.

Everybody seems to be pretty like-minded. The properties are all well maintained, and nobody pushes the envelope to bend or break the rules.

I'm in the middle of town and we are zoned rural.
In Ohio, villages/towns/cities can change the rules on a whim (with a vote), unless you are over 5 acres, and it's just not worth the hassle.

HOA = additional rules & regulations (which you don't need or want). Same goes for a POA... 😒

Rice Paddy Daddy is spot on with his assessment, best to live outside town limits and only pay county taxes... 🤔

No HOA or POA either, unless you like additional hassles beyond ordinary gubmint rules & regulations... 😬

I'm in the middle of town and we are zoned rural.

My home town has a cotton field in the middle of it... makes me laugh. Directions are simple, 'The High School?' 'Go 2 blocks past the cotton field and turn right!' 🤣

No hoa that I'm aware of... wouldn't live in one either. Glad i live so far out in the country it took 45min for a deputy to get here the only time I ever called the sheriffs office.

This is main street in the little town, or the 4-lane as some folks call it. The only thing between the cotton and the high school is a line of trees. The hospital is 5 blocks away, the courthouse only 7 in the other direction. 🤣

Cotton Fay mid  (4).jpg

Latest posts

Back