Hot Chocolate Mix

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleJoe

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A wonderful warm up at this time of year; for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

Hot Chocolate Mix

4 cups dry milk --
1 cup unsweetened cocoa --
2 cups sugar --
½ tsp salt --

Mix ingredients and store in an air-tight container. Use 1/4 cup mix per cup of boiling water. Add a splash of vanilla for a little added flavor. Makes 20 cups total.

That recipe does sound delicious.

We make sugar free hot cocoa by mixing very hot water with 2-3 tbsp of full fat heavy cream, Ghiradelli's unsweetened cocoa and a few drops of liquid sucralose. Then we hit it with the frother to blend it into a smooth creamy liquid. We have served this to many non-keto eaters who had no idea it was sugar free.

Sounds like mine Uncle Joe but I use powdered sugar instead. :)

We do too.

I us Splenda on lots of things...I like it.

May just try it.

Jim

Maybe you should switch to Stevia? It is a lot better for you. IMO.

That recipe does sound delicious.

We make sugar free hot cocoa by mixing very hot water with 2-3 tbsp of full fat heavy cream, Ghiradelli's unsweetened cocoa and a few drops of liquid sucralose. Then we hit it with the frother to blend it into a smooth creamy liquid. We have served this to many non-keto eaters who had no idea it was sugar free.

You too those chemical sweeteners are not good for yall,imo.

Sounds like mine Uncle Joe but I use powdered sugar instead. :)

Stevia products are just as processed and altered as sucralose is. Unless of course you have an organic stevia plant and are processing it yourself at home. Sucralose is made from sugar and is not artificial, but it is chemically processed. Both are perfectly healthy sweeteners.

One has to root through the marketing and focus on the science.

Stevia products are just as processed and altered as sucralose is. Unless of course you have an organic stevia plant and are processing it yourself at home. Sucralose is made from sugar and is not artificial, but it is chemically processed. Both are perfectly healthy sweeteners.

One has to root through the marketing and focus on the science.

Your right, I just read that today on youtube,:D. I told hubby I shouldn't have recommended Stevia without saying home grown. We had a plant but it died so we need to buy another one.

An artificial sweetener should work. I use powdered sugar in my mix. Also dehydrated marshmallows. I gave alot of this away at Christmas with chocolate spoons attached that I made. (plastic spoons dipped in melted chocolate, then wrapped pretty)
That's an awesome idea with dipping the spoons in chocolate. We just did a bag, tied a ribbon and put in a cup. That would have been nice to add with the ribbon. . . getting ideas for next year :). Now if I can just remember them. . .

An artificial sweetener should work. I use powdered sugar in my mix. Also dehydrated marshmallows. I gave alot of this away at Christmas with chocolate spoons attached that I made. (plastic spoons dipped in melted chocolate, then wrapped pretty)
One of the things I used to put in gift bags for my students was snow man soup: 1 packet of hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, Hershey's kiss and a candy cane to stir it. I liked to put a few cookies in their bags for them to eat with their hot chocolate. I like the chocolate spoon idea as well, but that ship has sailed!

Latest posts

Back