How do we defend ourselves if society collapses?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point I suppose is that always keep an open eye, sometimes you get a nice surprise!

I saw about the invasiveness possibility. So I was planning on planting it way away from our mowed, cabin area and plant it at the perimeter vegetation line for that reason. I think I may confine it in one of my huge 28"x30" pots I keep at the cabin. Pot confining will stunt/slow growth and root spread , like it does when you keep Japanese Maples in large pots for years like the Brits do. Since the article I read said it's the leaves you use to relieve tooth pain, that resource should be available on a really young, small tree. That's my thinking, anyway. Leather gloves should help on the thorn issues. I've lived in close proximity to pyracanthia and bougainvillia bushes 8'-12'tall, so I'm pretty adept at avoiding viscious thorns.

The bark definitely numbs your mouth. I tried it. 😁

If there is a total economic and social collapse of society, how do we defend ourselves? Its all very well being a prepper now, but are we not going to end up with a situation where there are armed militias that will simply take over our resources? I have just purchased a small farm in Scotland. While I have resources at present, how would I stop others taking it over by force? If a gang turns up with guns, there is practically very little I can do about it. The situation is even worse here (and much of the world), as unlike the USA, we are legally prohibited from having guns. The criminals don’t care, as they have guns anyway. Even if I did have a gun, there is no way I could fight off a heavily armed militia on my own. It's a practical question and I wonder what we do about it? Do we try and form our own militias? Or do we abandon farming / land and live in the wilderness as hunter / gatherers?
I’ve been wondering about what if the zoo’s release their animals what could work to stop them besides bullets cause 5.56 vs elephant I know who’s winning

I’ve been wondering about what if the zoo’s release their animals what could work to stop them besides bullets cause 5.56 vs elephant I know who’s winning

LOL, learn to make the "Bell Shot" perfected by famous elephant hunter "Karamojo" Bell. He liked using a 6.5x54mm Mannlicher-Schoauer or a 7mm Mauser to kill elephants.
Karamojo-Bell-the-Small-Bore-Ivory-Hunter-9a.jpg

Latest posts

Back