How dumb is the new teenage American

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many but not all.
My son was voted by his high school senior class as the "biggest instigator" as he questioned everything and gave his perspective.

Good for him!! You know you raised him right. 👍

I'm 57 and I didn't know what that thing was, either.
I figured it out, but I've also seen (and used) non-digital scales in my lifetime.
I didn't watch the whole video, but I'm assuming the young lady figured it out, to some degree, eventually. But to expect her to know what something is that she's never seen or used before.... 🤷‍♀️

That said, I do think there's a lot of idiocracy out there, and not just in the younger generation. Technology is great, but it's also trained people to have the attention span of a gnat. And this youngest generation, raised in a culture of wokeness - no critical thinking, no focus on real education and learning - they have no control over that.

Not only were we taught good fundamentals: readin', writin', and 'rithmatic. we were taught to question. If something didn't sound right, or you weren't sure you looked it up. I can't tell you how many times my Mother told me "look it up." We questioned authority, not always rspectfully, but we found answers, and we found our own way.

Today's generation is brainwashed. They accept all the BS they get in schools, and never question anything.
Exactly right. Fundamentals are what you build on. But questioning, which to me is a large part of critical thinking skills, is what really allows one to grow, develop, and excel in life.

Latest posts

Back