How many cans of "X" come in a case......??????

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Does not matter what the product or brand. But where on the internet do I find out "TYPICALLY" how many cans of "X" the grocery store gets per case. Sorry.......calling the grocery is not an option. This would "NOT" be Flats of canned goods. My "GUESS" for this size canned product is 24 cans per case. Sorry not interested in wildass best guesses.

THANK YOU.

Back when we were kids it was 48. It is mostly 24 now to to weight. Things like tuna and mushrooms can have more. It really depends on the size of the product. Gallon bleach and vinegar come 4 per case. I've seen canned goods come in cases of 12, 10, or even 8 if the retailer wants to sell cases and not individual cans.

These are 12.5 oz. cans of Tuna or Chunk white chicken.
With every possible thing now on the internet, it remains hard to find information.
Back when we were kids it was 48. It is mostly 24 now to to weight. Things like tuna and mushrooms can have more. It really depends on the size of the product. Gallon bleach and vinegar come 4 per case. I've seen canned goods come in cases of 12, 10, or even 8 if the retailer wants to sell cases and not individual cans.

Does not matter what the product or brand. But where on the internet do I find out "TYPICALLY" how many cans of "X" the grocery store gets per case. Sorry.......calling the grocery is not an option. This would "NOT" be Flats of canned goods. My "GUESS" for this size canned product is 24 cans per case. Sorry not interested in wildass best guesses.

THANK YOU.
Cases of X - is X quarts of oil, food items, lightbulbs, ???
Not being a Smart @$$. I don't know of any single site, but if there is something(s) in particular, throw it out there and I can see what I can do. I've found some things are a case of 8 some of 12, some of 10 and so on. I think it's buy company and item with no real standard.

Cases of X - is X quarts of oil, food items, lightbulbs, ???
Not being a Smart @$$. I don't know of any single site, but if there is something(s) in particular, throw it out there and I can see what I can do. I've found some things are a case of 8 some of 12, some of 10 and so on. I think it's buy company and item with no real standard.
If there is a standard it is most likely based on weight.

Ben

the term case is going to be wildly different product to product.

you should see what a case of toilet paper is.

isnt there a place somewhere on order you can ask seller a question about product?

theres certain things i use to see in case lot and now you cant find it at all.

They don't get the algebra joke you and @SLADE were playing.
It's pretty funny. :D
For me things are simple...
Beer always = 24 cans per case. If it does not, then it isn't a 'case'.

There is only one store in Anchorage, Alaska that does "Bush Orders". I talk to the Manager and Asst. Manager there regularly. They don't know the answer to those type questions. Even the team that puts the "Bush Orders" together don't know. They pull the entire order off the retail shelves, and never go into the backstock room.

Just email grocery stores until you find a manager willing to answer.

There is only one store in Anchorage, Alaska that does "Bush Orders". I talk to the Manager and Asst. Manager there regularly. They don't know the answer to those type questions. Even the team that puts the "Bush Orders" together don't know. They pull the entire order off the retail shelves, and never go into the backstock room.
since this is how it is...then what i would do is order a single cases of all items i wanted that way you can look and see after getting them and make a cheat sheet to know and order from next time. if you find a certain items case number is to low for price then dont order. if a case is low in number but you need more then you know to order 2 cases or how many cases you need to get the number of cans you are shooting for.

But they order from food whole sale companies like Sysco!!! Have one of those employees call up their distributors and ask!!!! The whole sale people sell by the case! Heck, they even sell by the pallet.

Did a little research...
---------------------------
From the office of the govenor of the state of Alaska...

https://gov.alaska.gov/admin-orders/administrative-order-no-334/
Currently, approximately 95 percent of the food Alaskans purchase is imported, costing roughly two billion dollars annually. This is an enormous wealth transfer from Alaskans to outside entities.

----------------------
95% of your food isn't arriving in single cans or shopping carts. It arrives on pallets and in cases.

The idiot grocery store "manager" you spoke with orders food by the case and by the pallet. Obviously he didn't tell you for unknown reasons.

Find another manager, or another... until you find someone with the spread sheets or web access to their distributor and are willing to tell you how many cans of tuna are in a case.

There is ONLY one store that ship food to the "BUSH"......only ONE.
getting stuff into the 'BUSH' is a task in and of itself. people dont realize the great effort and the lack of items and ways to get it.

customer satisfaction is not a thing in alaska for the most part. i was shafted over something and me and owner had words trying to resolve it. i said well i wont be back. he looked straight at me and said yes you will. i am only store in town !

i had another store sell me an item one weekend and then next weekend he wouldnt sell me the same amount. said he didnt do that.only in large lots. i said you did last weekend. he said no i didnt.

you can only pot stir so much trapped on an island or in a remote town....lol

p.s. do you know if chevron still puts gasoline in 5 gallon cans to fly on airplanes. i use to buy them and they were in cans like bulk motor oil use to come it. pop the seal and had a pull spout down inside just like the oil.

p.s. do you know if chevron still puts gasoline in 5 gallon cans to fly on airplanes.
I have not seen those cans in many decades. Those cans were used as metal roofing on bush cabins.

Who cares which grocery store? Every grocery store manager in this country orders food by the case.

Any one of them can tell you how cans of tuna are in a case.

I have not seen those cans in many decades. Those cans were used as metal roofing on bush cabins.
my references end in 94...last i was there.

the ones i bought were round not the square ones.

edit. i use to find 55 gallon drums of chevron gasoline often just inside treeline along coastline where fisherman stashed them.

the ones i bought were round not the square ones.
Those are still available. It is the square tall ones that were discontinued.

Those are still available. It is the square tall ones that were discontinued.
i use to have a small pocket Panasonic that played cd's with headphones. i became very popular when people found out.we used aa batteries and they would get low and wouldn't run what we used them for so i was often gifted gallon bags of these half charged batteries if they could listen to music awhile. i can say Panasonic made tough stuff because it was used non stop by someone.

i have waited a month to get a new cd at hardware they ordered for me...lol

Latest posts

Back