How To Block Cell Phone Tracking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
If you had to hit the road and needed to take your phone to check up on family how could you block the tracking device?
How could you make one ,a DIY at home faraday cage?

There might be tracking on your car, too, unless it's old.
Maybe take the battery out of your phone and wrap it in foil
I have a son that does that.

Thanks Amish seems ike that may work.
Our van is 27 yr.old and the truck is 35, old like us. :thumbs: . Not ssure if they can be tracked but who knows ,may be in tag or even tires?:dunno:

You can buy an RF shielding bag from Amazon for $15.

Thank you BackL but some of our deliverys take months out here. . Maybe they improved.
Daughter just ordered us something from Amazon today so will see if we get it next week. We did get som e honey she ordered last month pretty quick though.

You can buy an RF shielding bag from Amazon 2 for $15.
Buying an anti-tracking device from one of the biggest trackers on the planet? Hmmm, I'd have to think about that...
If you had to hit the road and needed to take your phone to check up on family how could you block the tracking device?
If you want to actually USE the phone, you're gonna have to take it out of its Faraday cage, insert its battery, and turn it on. Bingo - you're located.

Set up a DropBox account for you and your family. Buy yourself a cheap tablet that does NOT have cellular connectivity built in - an Amazon Fire HD7 costs less than $50 and would work fine. Do not register the device with Amazon, specify that it will be a gift when you purchase it, so they don't have a record in their database linking the devices MAC address to you. Install "Cryptomator" on it and on your family members tablets/computers (sharing its encryption key between all of you). Then you and your family can post/retrieve encrypted messages to/from your shared DropBox account along the way - from local libraries you pass - just take your tablet inside and plug it into one of the librarys ethernet ports or use their WiFi. Chances are they won't log your devices MAC address, but if they do - that's why you didn't register the device when you bought it.

On your trip, wear your coronavirus mask always, and put an Biden bumper sticker on your car so they think you're just an ordinary idiot and not an incognito mastermind of disguise.

Maybe a bit easier than my suggestion above - just remove the SIM card from your smartphone. Unless it's a really old phone, everything else should still work. Apps you have installed will still work, GPS will work, internet will work (if you connect to WiFi somewhere). You would have to reinsert your SIM card if you wanted to make a call however.

You can also buy prepaid SIM cards. I don't think you have to set up any kind of account with those, but I'm not sure. You might investigate these to see how much anonymity they provide. If they do what you want, you would end up with your same smartphone (so you don't have to learn anything new) with a new, temporary, phone number from a different carrier/provider. If you indeed don't have to set up an account, then you end up with the commonly mentioned "burner phone" they always talk about on TV shows. I don't think you need an entire burner phone, just a "burner SIM card". But check into it - I'm mostly just speculating here. I'm pretty sure you have to "activate" the temporary SIM card, but you might be able to give totally false information to do that.

Buying an anti-tracking device from one of the biggest trackers on the planet? Hmmm, I'd have to think about that...

If you want to actually USE the phone, you're gonna have to take it out of its Faraday cage, insert its battery, and turn it on. Bingo - you're located.

Set up a DropBox account for you and your family. Buy yourself a cheap tablet that does NOT have cellular connectivity built in - an Amazon Fire HD7 costs less than $50 and would work fine. Do not register the device with Amazon, specify that it will be a gift when you purchase it, so they don't have a record in their database linking the devices MAC address to you. Install "Cryptomator" on it and on your family members tablets/computers (sharing its encryption key between all of you). Then you and your family can post/retrieve encrypted messages to/from your shared DropBox account along the way - from local libraries you pass - just take your tablet inside and plug it into one of the librarys ethernet ports or use their WiFi. Chances are they won't log your devices MAC address, but if they do - that's why you didn't register the device when you bought it.

On your trip, wear your coronavirus mask always, and put an Biden bumper sticker on your car so they think you're just an ordinary idiot and not an incognito mastermind of disguise.

Thanks and traveling incognito is a good idea too. We already have a black hoodie,just need some bLM signs .
Just thinking too, wonder if there are any prepaid burner phones still avaiable?

The police have license plate scanners. As they drive along it scans every plate on every vehicle they pass by. When it scans a plate it will alert the officer of any issues like expired tags, or any other reasons they might be looking for you. My son got stopped because he had not changed the registration on a car he bought within the allowed time. The cop drove past him, scanned the license plate, turned around, and stopped him in a matter of a minute or so. They were both driving at 35 MPH in opposite directions. I would be very surprised if that scanned information is not kept in some database. You can be tracked easier with your phone but if some government agency wants to find you they will. RFID chips are in bank cards, DL, Passports, key fobs, and who knows what else. I wonder what other technology is being used that we don't know about. You can't hide like you could in the last century.
With facial recognization improvements, it won't be long before you cannot hide unless you stay secluded and never move around.

Thanks and traveling incognito is a good idea too. We already have a black hoodie,just need some bLM signs .
Just thinking too, wonder if there are any prepaid burner phones still avaiable?
Bought my last burner from AT&T for $15 plus the phone time.

I've read a couple times the last few months that is part of the reason for the mask mandates. They are using it to fine tune the AI readers to detect people with less data points.
Ears are an emerging, or probably further along than that, data point collection target. Ears are as unique as fingerprints.

The police have license plate scanners. As they drive along it scans every plate on every vehicle they pass by. When it scans a plate it will alert the officer of any issues like expired tags, or any other reasons they might be looking for you. My son got stopped because he had not changed the registration on a car he bought within the allowed time. The cop drove past him, scanned the license plate, turned around, and stopped him in a matter of a minute or so. They were both driving at 35 MPH in opposite directions. I would be very surprised if that scanned information is not kept in some database. You can be tracked easier with your phone but if some government agency wants to find you they will. RFID chips are in bank cards, DL, Passports, key fobs, and who knows what else. I wonder what other technology is being used that we don't know about. You can't hide like you could in the last century.
With facial recognization improvements, it won't be long before you cannot hide unless you stay secluded and never move around.

Tis is so true too. I forgot about all that .Chips in every card we have plus they scanned my face last timw i got drivers license plus had to have all kinds of ID being a female whos name had been changed a couple times had to send off for old marriagw licnse in two states one I eloped in in 1967 and the last one plus I changed my name when I divorced first one back to maiden 'which was dumb but all I wanted from him was my kids.
Cost me lots of money to get all these records to earn my Deep State YELLOW STAR and FACIAL SCAN and have priviledge of living.
Peopel don't realize where we are in history. Nobody has the "TIME" to learn either.

Ha Ha. I got that star on my NM license last year. Now I moved and they want a stupid certified marriage license to get a star in Kansas. Sent off for it a month ago. Still waiting.....
Driving with Kansas plates and a NM license.

My phone is easy to track. It plugs into the wall so it stays in the same place all the time. When I unplug the phone it won't work.
My cars are all older than computers so only the license can be used to track them and the licenses are classic car plates which are never upgraded as they are not renewed. I don't have an "enhanced" drivers license yet so there is no tracer on it. When exploring the internet I use a VPN chain that is fairly good at preventing my location from being known. There are no pictures of me online and it would be difficult to get any information without some help. When I travel I use cash so no records of my travels.

They can go ahead and track me. I am an inoffensive, incapable, easily controlled sheep and not worth any government agency's time and effort.

Did you hear that, NSA? Nothing to see here, move along...

This is sorta where I'm at Spike,
At my age and health...I'm in a "I don't give a sh!t " mode.

Matter of fact I get a little anxious to get my piece of the action before it's too late.

You know that phrase " COME AND TAKE IT " . Its serious with me.

I guess what I'm saying is I want my piece of the action , before it's too late.

I fought for these turds when I was 19, now I'll fight these turds.
Got nothing to lose.

I ain't hiding anything either.
Leave me alone.

Jim

WOW , what a horse sh!t attitude , huh?

Those cheap pouches to put cell phones in don't block all the signals. There is a YouTube who explains you need a continuous seal around it. Sounds like a lot of work. Best off getting into 2 way radio like Ham or CB. Leave the phone at home if you are driving 5-12 miles away and leave a scanner on your frequency at home. Need anything just put out a call over the air.....scanner broadcasts it and a family member fires up the base station and you all talk. Not private but I rather have board old folk listening to my conversation then Big Brother recording it and analyzing it.
I'm guilty of bringing my cell with though but ideally don't carry it or try and build this. -->

what he did with the "mark2" box was he insulated the phone from the metal surfaces. If you wrap your phone in copper foil tou are extending the antenna. The radio waves hit the foil and are conducted to the antenna. When you use a plastic bag to cover your phone and then wrap it in foil you have insulated the phone from the copper box. With radio signals it would help to ground the outside box which sends the signal to ground. That will effectively block all radio frequencies from getting to your phone. Radio is an alternating wave with a center tap ground, so when you ground the box the radio signal goes to ground to complete the circuit.
That will not work for the E1 pulse of a high altitude EMP attack because it is not an alternating signal. There is no ground needed to complete the circuit. It is a single pulse of high amplitude (voltage) and high capacity (current flow) that dissipates through coupling to the uncoupled atoms. All semiconductors (diodes, transistors and IC chips) have uncoupled atoms. The E1 pulse needs to be slowed down so it can dissipate before it can get to your device. That is best done with multiple layers of capacitive protection. Your device needs to be insulated then surrounded with a good conductor (gold, silver, copper or aluminum) which is then enclosed with an insulator which is then enclosed in a good conductor wrapped in an insulation enclosure and finally wrapped in another layer of good conductor. No grounding rod is used because the ground also carries the E1 pulse.
The insulation has to be a dense non-conductive product - like a freezer bag with a zip lock feature. No openings! Your conductor should also be sealed with a double lap at the edges (air tight). Any hole that can allow an air molecule through is too big!

The E1 shield will also block all radio signals, so it can be used for both reasons. The shield sounds really complex but for your phone it can be as simple as three quart size zip lock bags and three envelopes made with heavy duty aluminum foil. They each need to be made to fit inside the next. To use your device you open the double fold and remove the contents of each layer and your phone is exposed.
NOTE: After an E1 pulse your phone will be working but if no one near you had their phone protected it will only be good to use for what is loaded on the phone.

what he did with the "mark2" box was he insulated the phone from the metal surfaces. If you wrap your phone in copper foil tou are extending the antenna. The radio waves hit the foil and are conducted to the antenna. When you use a plastic bag to cover your phone and then wrap it in foil you have insulated the phone from the copper box. With radio signals it would help to ground the outside box which sends the signal to ground. That will effectively block all radio frequencies from getting to your phone. Radio is an alternating wave with a center tap ground, so when you ground the box the radio signal goes to ground to complete the circuit.
That will not work for the E1 pulse of a high altitude EMP attack because it is not an alternating signal. There is no ground needed to complete the circuit. It is a single pulse of high amplitude (voltage) and high capacity (current flow) that dissipates through coupling to the uncoupled atoms. All semiconductors (diodes, transistors and IC chips) have uncoupled atoms. The E1 pulse needs to be slowed down so it can dissipate before it can get to your device. That is best done with multiple layers of capacitive protection. Your device needs to be insulated then surrounded with a good conductor (gold, silver, copper or aluminum) which is then enclosed with an insulator which is then enclosed in a good conductor wrapped in an insulation enclosure and finally wrapped in another layer of good conductor. No grounding rod is used because the ground also carries the E1 pulse.
The insulation has to be a dense non-conductive product - like a freezer bag with a zip lock feature. No openings! Your conductor should also be sealed with a double lap at the edges (air tight). Any hole that can allow an air molecule through is too big!

The E1 shield will also block all radio signals, so it can be used for both reasons. The shield sounds really complex but for your phone it can be as simple as three quart size zip lock bags and three envelopes made with heavy duty aluminum foil. They each need to be made to fit inside the next. To use your device you open the double fold and remove the contents of each layer and your phone is exposed.
NOTE: After an E1 pulse your phone will be working but if no one near you had their phone protected it will only be good to use for what is loaded on the phone.
Hahaha see you know the science behind it. Thanks for the info explained. I knew that a lot if the things sold may be good at stopping some waves like blue tooth or whatever but the cheap ones usually don't do great on blocking everything.

You're not gonna hide. You can put your cell phone in a "box" that will keep it from connecting to anything anywhere. But as soon as you get it out of the box, those who want to will know exactly where you are within seconds. Even "burner phones" won't help you past the first few phone calls, if that. Voiceprint records are a thing.

If you really wanna "go dark", forget a cell phone. Dunno if some other kinds of radio might be of any use, might depend on who you want to communicate with and how.

tenor (2).gif

Because of my dad's former job with the DOD and his security clearance I have been tracked by our government since before I turned double digits. HECK! K and his family got put on the list because we got married. His dad got agitated because he use to go overseas to Asia for work. The PTB questioned my dad about my FIL's line of work and overseas contacts. My FIL was put on a no travel list until all his contacts were vetted. He worked for United airlines before he passed.

Latest posts

Back