How to Make Homemade Liqueurs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We simply start with 1/2 bottle (liter size) of vodka or brandy. Add 1 cup sugar and shake until it all dissolves. Then, fill the remaining space with blackberries or chokecherries or raspberries or dried apricots or diced fresh peaches. Keep in a cool dark place for a month. Enjoy. We have some homemade liqueurs that are over 5 years old and are still as good as when made. When the liqueur is gone, use the fruit on ice cream or pancakes.

I have successfully made Giada de Laurentis’ Limoncello many years in a row. Did not do it this year as I got rid of my tiny indoor lemon trees. Such a pain to take care of.
But I always cut the sugar in half as it was gaggingly sweet. People loved getting that for Christmas presents! I also didn’t bother to peel the lemons for when they were sitting in the vodka. I scrub them thoroughly and I after 3 years I grew organic each time.

I like vanilla in 151 rum with a hint of chocolate to inject those cheap fruitcakes with.
Just shoot them up and let them sit in a Tupperware container for a week with some dry banana chips before serving.

Cranberry sauce in Vodka is good for any chocolate cake, just use an even speed and do it slow so it won't get soggy.

Latest posts

Back