How would people react to a 97% FATAL VIRUS......????

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
How would people react.......to finding out about a virus that is circulating that is 97% fatal.....??? How would they react, what action could be expected...??

I think the stock markets and all securities would crash. Everything would be shut down. I suspect many would make every effort to have zero human contact. That would be very-very hard to do.

Last edited:
How would people react.......to finding out about a virus that is circulating that is 97% fatal.....??? How would they react, what action could be expected...??

I think the stock markets and all securities would crash. Everything would be shut down. I suspect many would make every effort to have zero human contact. That would be very-very hard to do.
I would break out my cache of N95 masks and save back to a Gotti then restrict my interactions.
Ben

How would people react? I think they'd be dead, and no reaction, from 97 % at least. ;)
If 3% lived. with seven BILLION humans, there would still be many hundreds of millions. And there would be pockets of isolated people who never got exposed.

I would take L-Lysine, same as I'm doing now!

How much do you take, and is it daily...?? Do you have to take RESVERATROL with it......??

They would just order everything online from Amazon*, like they do today. ;)
*which sells everything except ammo, weed, and sildenafil. You would only have to venture out for those:p.

Yes, lots of bodies to deal with. It made me think of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Only 11 humans here........so not many bodies. The Grizzlies and Wolves would get fat.

I suppose having a backhoe or some other piece of equipment to dig mass graves and at least one person who knows how to operate it would take care of most of the bodies, if they were out of the homes.
The other problem with a 97% fatal virus is... that just doesn't work.
Take MERS as an example. It was still around as of 2021 and 35% fatal:
Wikipedia said:
Over 2,500 cases have been reported as of January 2021, including 45 cases in the year 2020. About 35% of those who are diagnosed with the disease die from it.
So, why hasn't it killed 35% of all Americans by now? :dunno:
This is the important part everybody misses.
Because we were vaccinated? No.
Because we obediently stayed in lockdown, and wore our masks everywhere? No.
It is because severely sick, or dead, people don't transmit virus worth a dam:mad:.
You need look no further than the evolutionary walk down the staircase that covid has taken, just to stay viable.
From alpha, to delta, to omicron, each one less lethal, but more contagious.
When a virus runs out of victims, it goes extinct.
Sorry, I don't have a backhoe to help bury the piles of rotting dead bodies.:confused:

Would they get sick from eating sick people?

Historically.......NO. It is believed this explains way bears in some areas are more "predatory" of humans, and rarely in other areas.

Last edited:

I thought about this one for a little while. For the virus to be 97% fatal, for it to actually get to that 97% without burning itself out, it would have to have a massive incubation time during which people spread it but had no symptoms.
Therefore by the time even preppers realized there was a threat it would be up to fate, you either live or you don't as your already carrying it.

Once the dying started everything would collapse in a hurry. As for the bodies there would probably be two out comes. Most areas they would all be inside locking themselves away from the reality it's already too late and isolation won't help. You will have some places where mobs almost died in place like outside hospitals or government buildings.

With something that is 97% fatal once you get it, I think it would be wasted effort trying to enhance your immune system to fight it off. You're just probably not going to be successful at that.

I would direct all my efforts at preventing exposure to it in the first place. Hoping that it will die out before it hits my area. But once it hit my area hard, I would probably take on a fatalist attitude and go outside and enjoy my last few days of life. Should my family die first, and I were still able, suicide would be high on my list of things preferable to being in the 3% that do survive. I don't think I'd want to. Or be able to, for very long.

I would direct all my efforts at preventing exposure to it in the first place.

Is there a possible plan for this effort that is better than zero human contact........???

Some years ago a retiree from the CDC moved to a certain spot in montana where he said he stood a chance (due to low population and wind currents ) of surviving the coming bioengineered plague.
I think in the next three to five years we will see considerable die off from a government sponsored and forced administration of a agent and it's supposed cure bike 4 wheeler.jpg that is already taking place.

Is there a possible plan for this effort that is better than zero human contact........???
There is probably no plan that is better than complete avoidance. Is that a feasible plan? No. But it's the only one that has a chance of working.

One thing the original post didn't mention. It said 97% fatal, but didn't say how transmissible this theoretical virus was. My assumption was that it is highly contagious. If it's not very contagious and is difficult to get, then things look quite a bit brighter for mankind.

Latest posts

Back