How would you get illegal immigrants to go home?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They get free medical care -- emergent "alien medicaid". Lots of them come across the border and get hospitalized to get treated for their chronic diseases (for free) -- when they are told in other countries that they cannot be treated and it is futile care. They rack up billions of dollars in healthcare money across the U.S. yearly. Unfortunately I see this all the time.

It was really bad when COVID was at its peak. Many people were turned away from hospitals in Mexico as they were overflowing so if the Mexican citizens were close to border towns they were crossing illegally and going to hospitals in CA, AZ, NM and TX (if they made it that far).

How many home owners, how many businesses, how many farms and others hire illegal help?
I don't hire them. Do you?
We need to clamp down hard on those that do. If we don't this will not end.
They're not coming here for just a few hand outs. They're coming here for under the table cash.

I don't hire them. Do you?

I worked at a company here in AZ and ran background checks on all future employees.
An employee from another area wanted to transfer to my location. My counterpart at that location said he was good worker and I did need more employees. So I said yes but ran the background check anyway. He came back illegal so he could not be rehired.
He obviously passed the first check. It is difficult to know if someone is illegal or not.

Added note: when they filled out their W-4 forms for employment all the Hispanics checked the exempt box so no state or federal income taxes were taken from them. Nothing I could do about it though it made me angry.

Illegal Aliens don't have Social Security accounts. Most are paid cash and don't pay taxes unless it is sales tax. They don't pay for medical insurance so they use emergency care when they get sick or hurt. We end up paying for that. Over 1% of the people in the USA are illegals.

Illegal Aliens don't have Social Security accounts.
They don't have their own SS account. Most of them do have SS cards with DL to match just not their own.
$50 to $150 for the documents.
The feds busted a ID forgery operation in Seattle years ago. The said the documents were so good they couldn't tell them from real documents.
Surprisingly most of the fakes were Russian and Chinese with some Hispanic thrown in.

Maybe we should ask Cuba or North Korea how they handle illegal immigration?

Look at how Mexico treats people at its southern border. Our Border Patrol Agents would be jailed if they behaved like the Mexican Border Patrol does.

I think it is closer to 20%

Nobody really knows, but IMHO 20% is a little high. That would be 66 million people. My guess would be in the 5-10% range.

We have certain people bringing in doubtful aliens to our smallish town. The sponsoring organization gets thousands of dollars for "setting up" the aliens with taxpayer funded programs for a few months and then they are on their own.
Meanwhile our state has exploding foster care needs for children, homelessness and overdose deaths on the rise drastically from drugs coming over the southern border.

Your heart is in the right place, but think about it. This country is a thousand times better than their own. If they were cut off completely from all government assistance it would still be 999 times better than where they came from. They will NEVER leave voluntarily. The opportunity alone would make you want to stay.
I actually don't have much of a problem with immigrants coming here who want to work, and who are therefore willing to come here knowing that they won't get any government benefits (if that were true). Those are the kind of people we want. I wish we could swap those kind of people, one for one, with the people who are born here in the US but don't want to work for a living.

Granted, I think they should come here legally. I would expand legal immigration (we would know every individual coming in...and I would encourage people from countries with similar values and discourage immigration from countries that have a lot of people who want to kill us); increase penalties for illegal immigration, and decrease government benefits for immigrants as close to zero as practical.

When illegal aliens kill someone whether it be from a DUI or other criminal act make it a hanging offence. Hang them from the south side of the wall near one of the wall section ends with significant traffic. Leave them in place till the next hanging.

Latest posts

Back