Howdy from Texas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clipper

Dirty White Boy
Neighbor
I like to shoot but not so often as I'd like to. I don't reload so no chance there and no place to do it.

Yes, ammo cost money. :cry:

I've had 22, 380, 357, 9mm, 40sw come and go. When I got my Glock G29 10mm compact I found a keeper. I don't collect guns so I have this and a 12 gauge pumper. That's all.

I am a retired mechanic and I'm disabled as well. Heavy lifting will wear you down quick and cause problem but I loved working on cars. Engines, transmission, rear ends etc, I've done em all. Now I have chronic pains and need injections in my neck and lower back. I also take Vicodin so I'm a regular at the pain clinic.

I love to play guitar and played since I was 10 years old. I was a lead guitar in a surf instro band during my teen years. Did some early 70s rocks too but there's a time to go to work and have a life. I have a hearing impairment so how the heck can I play guitar?

Because I can feel it.:lil guy:

I still have a guitar and amp stuck in my closet for the good days from my pains (which is just after the injections.) :p

I'm a computer nut and I built all my PCs. I like video games and puzzles so I guess I'm a nerd too. :confused:

Ok enough of me, see y'all in the threads.

Welcome to Talkfirearms,

So glad you found your way to us,
Sounds like you have a few skills that are shareable.:cool:

Cruise around the forum and settle in...I think you will like here.

Jim

Welcome from north of the Red River!

Hey Clipper, good ta see ya

LOL, right. I don't have one but that doesn't mean there isn't one somewhere and I feel like I'm being watched.

In response to Tact... I'm in San Antonio.

Welcome to ya from the lonestar state as well. West of Houston by a just a little bit.
Yep doing mechanics is hard on backs for sure. A really good chiropractor did wonders for my back and knee pains.

Ever work on cars on lifts? Add the neck and shoulders to the problems.

Howdy Clipper...

When I was 19 years old I worked for N&W RXR. I was in the pit working on a diesel electric locomotive and I was distracted as I turned. My back went out and they had to lift me out of the pit. I guess them pulling me up out of the pit straightened my back into place.

When I was 19 years old I worked for N&W RXR. I was in the pit working on a diesel electric locomotive and I was distracted as I turned. My back went out and they had to lift me out of the pit. I guess them pulling me up out of the pit straightened my back into place.
That was a rough way to get a chiropractic adjustment!

Welcome aboard clipper,do you do hair too?? :lol:

I love working on cars but I haven't done it on a lift much,just a few months that I worked at a Ford dealership,I mainly use jacks & stands and slide underneath on my back. BTW,I've had back problems since I was 20 but it was because of a short leg making my spine all curvy..... (There's plenty of ammo in there for you leg pullers,maybe you can stretch it out a little :lol: )

Wear high heel with your short leg. That'll solve your problem. :lol:

Latest posts

Back