Human Trafficking

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I saw this on Facebook. Interesting information. It looks as though the focus is about human trafficking in Minnesota. I did not make the red line and have no idea why it is there.

Ever wonder what happens with the children after they grow up in this?

We had a speaker at church once who talked about all the human trafficking that goes on in Europe. I have also heard stories about people from south of the border. People are looking for opportunities and when they are told they could be a secretary or model somewhere, they have no idea what they are really going to do.

Human trafficking.jpg

Just busted some guys in Albuquerque a few days ago for this. Illegals came in through California, paid guys to take them to Dallas, instead wound up in Albquerque and made to call their Mexican families to send money to a grocery store here. A lady called the police instead. Ladies and children are held as sex slaves, and I don't know what they do to the guys. Ohio has a lot of this, too.

My church supports a safe house/rehabilitation facility for victims of sex trafficking. A lot of these women lost their childhood to this crime. They were sold into it at puberty, or even before. Sex slavery is a travesty. Those who traffic little girls (and boys, there is a significant demand for that too) deserve some type of punishment that most, frankly, would call inhumane...and it should last a long time, so they can think every day about the fact that they still have hell to look forward to...

A few words about that line in the OP, "Human trafficking is happening in towns and cities in all 50 states."

Most people would be shocked to realize that it is happening in small communities, too. Even the most tightly-knit 1950's style Mayberry towns.

In a small community near my area, a young boy was nearly kidnapped just after he got off the school bus. He was walking to his home two blocks from the bus stop, when two men in a van attempted to grab him. He fought his would-be captors and managed to avoid being pulled into the van that was following the school bus...on a well-traveled street! This was not a backroads shyster job.

Ever wonder what happens with the children after they grow up in this?

View attachment 26966

They are never the same again. If they are lucky enough to grow up, they are the smiling receptionist at the doctor's office, the grocery cashier and the stockboy, the town drunk, the knocking-on-death's-door methhead, and the rich CEO of a large hotel chain... Inwardly, they try to quiet the bad memories that refuse to die a dignified death. They try to live like normal people, without ever having the gift of "normal." Some succeed and those who don't, commit suicide either quickly or slowly with drugs or alcohol.

Last edited:
Not to diminish the seriousness of this topic, but many of those 800,000 missing kids are runaways who left intentionally and others are inner city youth and kids growing up in very unfortunate circumstances who just fall off the radar. Like always these numbers are misrepresented to draw more attention to the issue. Sadly also many of these 'missing children' are sold into human trafficking by their own families or caregivers. At the same time not every missing child is sold into sex trafficking, many are killed very soon after being taken and others are forced to become part of new 'families' or slave laborers. The issue of child kidnapping and human trafficking is a very serious issue and needs more time, attention, and resources than it is currently getting. We also need more groups who hunt down these predators and remove them from existence.

Our church also supports a mission that seeks out and recovers, even if that means purchasing children and women, who were taken and sold into human tracking. They are then provided protective shelter, counseling, and other resources as we attempt to help them return to their families and re-establish their lives. Recovering them is easier than restoring them.

Back