Hydroponics

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Somebody just ask me a couple days ago and so I went on line looking for it and now can't remember who ask!:dunno:.
It took me awhile this morning to figure out where I got the HYDROPONIC LINER since I couldn't find the receipt.

Anyway here it is ' finally'. I bought 6' X 25' of it and still had about half left over after cutting out for reservours 'spl'. After dealing with chemical based and cheap poly for a couple years it has really been a good product. Although the poly worked good till we could afford the better stuff.

https://www.globalplasticsheeting.com/

Ultra_Scrim_FGC_both_2.png

Food_Grade_Compliant_FGC.jpg

Here was the title,

'Was Ask About G-House ,Hydroponic's Supply Sources'

You see how it didn't make sense? Please correct and I will change it.

It was a little confusing ,huh? But you could have ask me to change it to begin with,huh? But its ok just leave it like it is now but next time maybe ask first or advise me of what a dumb looking title it is.:D

Where to buy and how to mix your fertilizers.:great:
This is who taught us all about hydro growing. He is very easy to understand and his menthod is tried and tested by him AND us for several years now.
Sorry Bobby isn't on youtube anymore but all his videos still are up.
We have been buying our 4-18-38 Master Blend from Morgan Seed for several years and had fantastic success so far. Bobby also shows other companies to choose from.

Where we bought our net pots of all sizes, air rocks, pump timers etc,etc,etc,. You may find a better place but this is one we liked. Plus we talked long distance to the owner and he seems nice too. That was a couple years ago though.

https://alliedaqua.com/

They also sale fish ,non GMO.

livetilapia.jpg
This is aquaponic, it must be 100% organic, even for a trash fish like catfish & tilapia.
I thought of trying both Hydroponics,cheap to start, & aquaponic.

This is aquaponic, it must be 100% organic, even for a trash fish like catfish & tilapia.
I thought of trying both Hydroponics,cheap to start, & aquaponic.

Don't let the fish fool you Joel. It was just showign where to buy hydroponic products too.

I've been watching a lot of MPH gardeners videos for a couple years now. They are good and a great place to learn tips from.

BackP that is so true, he is very good at what he does and a good teacher too. We miss his videos think he got upset and quit over politics or whatever.:dunno:

I haven't yet. I have purchased some supplies I am gonna start with. But it'll probably be late October before I get anything started.

I think you will enjoy it. I have some pictures kidnapped for ramsom at Photobucket of our hydros and soil based tomatoes.
We seeded them both at same time and in 6 weeks compared them. The hydros out grew the soil based by over 2 feet.And had more tomatoes on them.

I've got a good idea for what I'm gonna start with. But got a lto going on for a while coming up and want to have time to concentrate on it when I start.

@Bacpacker , I was trying to upload one and this one came up, but I thought since its already in photos why not give you a picture of cennections and air rock [OnlyI would not buy white food grade buckets again, unless you cover them, lights makes it all green and gooy 'slgae'].

Net baskets, gromets, pipes,etc,.

xoICQ8e.jpg

Good lookin mater you got going there MEER. Same buckets I got for my taters last year. But wasn't doing hydro.

BacP I wish those were new but these are some we grew 3 years or so ago. I just put up picture. Trying to stay political free fro a while.:Thankyou:

I'm investigating the Kratky method myself. No electronics or pipes,etc needed.
Saw where you can use clean yogurt cups you cut holes and slices into to make the baskets. And apparently you can use just ordinary peat pots.
If it works like it looks like it does in folk's videos I'll be able to grow greens and herbs in my window all winter

I'm investigating the Kratky method myself. No electronics or pipes,etc needed.
Saw where you can use clean yogurt cups you cut holes and slices into to make the baskets. And apparently you can use just ordinary peat pots.
If it works like it looks like it does in folk's videos I'll be able to grow greens and herbs in my window all winter

WV DragonLady, it works great. Only thing I don't like is its not organic. They do haave products that are for hydros [ mostly fish based] but they stink and I'd honestly be weary of where they come from and what condition.

Good video on nutriunts[ and we've tried several just to come back to this one ] .

We don't use any 'Miracle Grow brand, don't think Bobby does either?

Last edited:
I like this lady's videos. She explains it all very simply and I don't mind her voice or accent ( lol)

I like this lady's videos. She explains it all very simply and I don't mind her voice or accent ( lol)

Hey VWDragonL, watch it about the accent.:D

Maybe wrong choice for some so took it down.

Last edited:
Anybody know any good deals on hydroponic supplies. Like the baskets, seed pods, etc? I'd like to compare prices before I make any decisions about things

TIA

Anybody know any good deals on hydroponic supplies. Like the baskets, seed pods, etc? I'd like to compare prices before I make any decisions about things

TIA

We got our pump, net pots and tubing, air stones, etc,,etc,etc, from this place .Pump still works great after several years of use.

We got this one,

EcoPlus Commercial Air 5 - 80 Watt Single Outlet 1300 GPH

List price: $95.30
$79.99
You save: $15.31 (16%)

728457-01.jpg

CODE:728457

https://alliedaqua.com/

Last edited:
WVDragonL are you still intersting in hydroponics and did you get your supplies?

Forgot to mention to be sure the groumet's that connest pipes to buckets fit is secure to prevent leaks.
Also it is the Kratky menthod that MHPGardner got his idea from and uses.

Latest posts

Back