I am so excited

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthCentralUS

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My grandson told me about 2 years ago that he figured out I am stocking for the future. He called me this evening talking about stocking for his family, solar, gennies, the whole bit. His wife is planning to start canning. I told him I have a pressure canner for her and forget about bringing back empty jars. I already gave her a water bath canner for her jelly and etc (that she hasn't used yet) but now she wants to can veggies. The reason she has not used the water bath is because she had a little one underfoot and she works also.

Now maybe we can get his brother on board. Their dad is a lost cause. He only thinks about right here, right now. But I can work on this one and perhaps his brother. Exciting to me anyway.

One more hopeful survivor is good news.

They live about 3 hours away in the same state. But it is Country Club Estates so they can't have much of anything except a lawn. I own 2.5 acres of bare land about 30 minutes from them way out in the boonies. I hope to rent a storage locker in their town soon and put a lot of LTS food and tools in it. Maybe we can do something with that land.

They live about 3 hours away in the same state. But it is Country Club Estates so they can't have much of anything except a lawn. I own 2.5 acres of bare land about 30 minutes from them way out in the boonies. I hope to rent a storage locker in their town soon and put a lot of LTS food and tools in it. Maybe we can do something with that land.

Just a dumb, random thought, but I have an in-law on my wife's side that lives in a similar situation. Extremely small lawn and storage space, but the back patio is fairly private. At the first sign of trouble, or when a hurricane approaches they place this on the patio and fill it up. 264.1 gallons of water won't last forever, but it buys them more time than most. The downside of this strategy is if it isn't filled when the water turns off your screwed. But they have had plenty of water post hurricanes when people lost water or were told the water was contaminated. Stores fairly well when not in use.

Latest posts

Back