I bought a dehydrator.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMC

The Shaman of suburbia's son and apprentice.
Neighbor
Best one on the market, as far as I can tell. I got it for mushrooms, but what else could I do with it, now that I have it?

There are quite a few things that you can do with a dehydrator beyond drying mushrooms. Just off the top of my head, you can make fruit leathers in it, jerky, dry herbs, banana and apple chips. I used one of mine to dry brass for reloading.

Which dehydrator did you wind up getting? We've got a big Cabela's one for food and I have an old nesco one that I use for reloading.

I have two dehydrators also, different styles. I use them for different purposes. Be helpful knowing the model you have.

There are several dehydrator threads here in the forum. Lots of ideas on how to use them.

Start here... 536 posts on using dehydrators.
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/dehydrating.410/

Best one on the market, as far as I can tell. I got it for mushrooms, but what else could I do with it, now that I have it?
Oh boy howdy AMC! Check out dehydrating in the food preserving threads: veggies of all sorts, eggs, jerky and on and on and on.
Congrats!

Latest posts

Back