I can't buy a pack of smokes from a vending machine, BUT...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its over isn't it?

TIT011DJ_0-345b632.jpg

..Gettin Close to the 'snap point', Mang, gettin close... And once things snap.. It'll be 'too late to get Off the ship', for most.. o_O Certainly in 'SF East', there..

jd

Meh, who cares what they do in that NYC dump? Back in my 'trucking daze' I actually enjoyed a 2-day visit to NYC as an adult, but I wouldn't bother going there now, not even if ya offered to PAY me, lol. I don't think this latest demtard BS will have any real effect here in the boondocks of New Mexico. Thanks for the reminder about buying cigarettes from an old school vending machine, I haven't seen one of those machines in decades, lol. Can't recall ever using one either, even when we were young and I smoked an occasional Marlboro Red after drinking heavily, 10-4? I never did pick up the habit for real, thank goodness, and as Forrest Gump says, "That's all I have to say about that!" ;)

Edit: Wait, I'm not done yet, lol... I can remember when cigarettes were 50 cents a pack, $5 per carton, and now they're what? $80 to $100 per carton, maybe even higher for some brands? Jeez, makes me glad I don't smoke tobacco, I'd go broke trying to support a habit that expensive, lol. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm not one to dis anyone's recreational kicks, but it IS only recreation, not a lifestyle!

Ehh, if yer Just talking weed, then sure - It's, imo, on-par with Alcohol: at reasonable levels, it's not only 'recreational', but beneficial, even Medicinal, but.. Any of the 'hard-stuff' (coke / crack / meth / horse / molly / PCP / "e" / fentanyl, etc, etc) IS a 'lifestyle', because Those All take Over your life, near-invariably..

..And, worse, they Usually end up impinging on Other's 'lifestyles', when, ie: addict turns into a Zombie, and sells thier Body, robs / steals - from even Family - to 'get their fix', so.. To Me, that goes FAR beyond 'recreational kicks', and Well-into Infringing onto Others Rights (the 'right' to Not be robbed / stolen from / stabbed by some freak on meth, etc, etc..) so.. Yeah - I just Cannot see ANY 'positive angle' with Any of this "helpful" or "progressive" bull💩

jd

Edit: Maybe you meant to say "..but IF it is only recreation, not a lifestyle"? 🤔 That would make more sense coming from you. :cool: Nonetheless, what I wrote above.. That's my story, and I'm stickin To it. ;)

Yeah, "IF". My inner grammar Nazi hadn't woken up yet. coffee is
on the list of stuff, I can't have anymore.

We used to get Lucky strike cartons for $5.90 back when I was in 9th grade. I still smoke but my smokes now cost me about $10 a carton since I roll my own. I can NOT believe people are paying close to $10 a pack here and even higher in other places for premade cigs.

As to the OP the drug vending machines may not be such a bad idea. People using that type of drugs are on a one way road and maybe this will speed them along. Personally I think maybe these machines should be moved in to the WH and DC overall where all the worst of the worst are hanging these days. If you want to be amazed look and see how many of our elected officials have criminal charges during their time in office! IIRC it's well over 60% of DCs elite

This doesn't surprise me coming out of NYC, I've lived in a lot of states up and down the east coast, but for some reason New York seems like the worst when it comes to druggies. A lot of Meth users around here.

Latest posts

Back