I finally had-it with "NAIL-CLIPPERS"

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Thanks for the link. I've been trying to figure out something that would work better for my toenails. My back just has very little flexibility and cutting toenails is a challenge on my best days.
My problem was holding onto the old-style clippers. They would just slip out of my fingers; these solved that problem.

Thanks for the link. I've been trying to figure out something that would work better for my toenails. My back just has very little flexibility and cutting toenails is a challenge on my best days.
Yeah, I cut mine when they are close to 1/2" long or tear holes in my socks. :(
If I do both feet, I have to take a back-pill. 35 bux for a pedicure is a bargain but I'm too lazy to make the trip.:mad:
Glad to see SD's post, those things have remained unchanged for over a centurygaah.

Last edited:
I'm gonna store this thread in my 'never-forget' pile. :thumbs:
This is what he is talking about:
61n8WeFB-RL._SX679_.jpg

I'll come cut them for you!! I cut several  older people's toenails 😁 (payback for the bikini comments)! But really, I do and have for years cut older folks toenails, just something I know is hard or impossible for some folks!

I think those are great nail clippers, with the loops to help hang onto them. I have something similar to the ones I posted, but mine do not have the plastic handles. I have a leather manicure kit that has files and other things in it. It zips shut and I keep it in my purse. It is one more thing to carry around, but I pull it out and use it a couple times a week on broken nails and snags that happen on nails.

Like hashbrown, I have had problems with ingrown toenails most of my life. I don't know why some of us have them. It may be genetic. Story is that one of my g grandfathers died as a result of an infection due to an ingrown toenail, to illustrate the importance of taking care of your feet.

I do have a set up for foot maintenance that is kept in a plastic dish tub, that I use to soak my feet, and to scrub all the bits that gather over time. We probably all shower or bathe frequently, but how often do we do our own pedicures?

I don't get pedicures often enough, because they are not cheap. I think my last one was $40. If they were half of that or less, I would consider getting one a month. I have often thought that nursing and other care facilities for older people probably have regularly scheduled nail people do the nails of their patients.

nail clippers.JPG

Loss of flexibility due to age began making toenails a problem for me. I started using a trick my dad came up with. He’d break out a heating pad then lean back in his recliner for 15min or so. The heat relaxed his back muscles. He’d trim away without a problem. He was 86 before he needed help sometimes.

I use his trick now, works every time. My back gets very flexible, can trim my toe nails without issue.

Loss of flexibility due to age began making toenails a problem for me. I started using a trick my dad came up with. He’d break out a heating pad then lean back in his recliner for 15min or so. The heat relaxed his back muscles. He’d trim away without a problem. He was 86 before he needed help sometimes.

I use his trick now, works every time. My back gets very flexible, can trim my toe nails without issue.
Well ill have to give that a shot

Latest posts

Back