I hate being old and stupid

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just spent the last four hours at my computer searching for Hotels or Air B&B's to stay at when I visit my daughter in Hawaii. I found a handful of choices - most about 30 minutes from her place.

I called my daughter asking if the dates I was planning are OK and told her about the B&B's I found. She used her smartphone, while we were talking on it, and found fifteen bazillion B&B's for about 1/3 the price that I found in about two minutes. Much nicer too. Two of them were even on her street (compared to the ones I found 30 minutes away!)

Talk about feeling incompetent. I just told her to find some good ones for me and send me links directly to them. Sigh...

I just spent the last four hours at my computer searching for Hotels or Air B&B's to stay at when I visit my daughter in Hawaii. I found a handful of choices - most about 30 minutes from her place.

I called my daughter asking if the dates I was planning are OK and told her about the B&B's I found. She used her smartphone, while we were talking on it, and found fifteen bazillion B&B's for about 1/3 the price that I found in about two minutes. Much nicer too. Two of them were even on her street (compared to the ones I found 30 minutes away!)

Talk about feeling incompetent. I just told her to find some good ones for me and send me links directly to them. Sigh...

I am quite sure our grandkids will be showing us how to do things on the computer, at least mine will. Hopefully, we will be willing to learn.

It's all boils down to experience.
How often have you searched for a place to stay in Hawaii?
Like everything else in life things gets easier the more we do them.
Your daughter knows which app to use because she has probably done it before.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
Computers are just another life skill to be learned.
If it's a one-time thing then just let someone else do it.
My son's girlfriend planned our entire trip to Bali and she found some great deals on places to stay and on airfare. Unfortunately Bali like the rest of the world went into Covid lockdown and we had to cancel the entire trip.
Because she knew what she was doing we were able to get fully refunded and didn't lose any money. I would have lost thousands.

Latest posts

Back